Sign in to follow this  
Sartorial

Sondek cleaning advice please

Hi 

just bought a 1980s linn Sondek. It’s in decent condition, has regular service receipts, but the plinth and wooden surround are filthy! Any advice on how to clean them?

Thanks 

th

Super Wammer

Welcome!  This might better located in the dedicated Linn section. Don’t worry you haven’t found you way around yet - you soon will!  https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/forum/145-turntables-record-players-linn-sondek-lp12/

A nice moderator will probably move it for you.

I am pretty sure I’ve read about folks who strip the entire plinth, but the starting point is simply a slightly damp cloth!  A picture might help, and do take care if you’re tempted to clean the platter and/or stainless steel top plate as they can discolour if the lacquer is damaged.  Replacement plinths are widely available as quite a few owners change colour, design, or upgrade to newer versions. 

Sorry, but the Linn section is effectively a separate part of the forum. I'm afraid we can't move the thread there.

You could post something (new) there and let us know and we can delete this. However, this may be better in the DIY section, as you're likely to get more replies there and many of us have taken LP12s apart in the past and lived to tell the tale!

I've moved this therefore to DIY for the moment.

• Like 1