BruceFlea

MC Cartridge, Recommendations Please.

6 hours ago, Jazid said:

Sorry wrong quote😩

Edited by BruceFlea

15 hours ago, Nopiano said:

I happened across this succinct explanation this morning, in case it helps...

https://www.ortofon.com/hifi/products/transformers

(scroll down to Why Use A Transformer?)

Great link, thank you.

Great link, thank you.

I’m not sure if you know anything about the Audio Note IO cartridges, or whether it will work with your TT, arm and phono stage, but I’m with Jazid, it’s a cart to build a system around

They almost never come up for sale second hand, and the fact that there is one with a matching SUT in the classifieds close enough to your budget, seems like a straight forward decision to me.

But that’s just my 2 pence....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

I’m not sure if you know anything about the Audio Note IO cartridges, or whether it will work with your TT, arm and phono stage, but I’m with Jazid, it’s a cart to build a system around

They almost never come up for sale second hand, and the fact that there is one with a matching SUT in the classifieds close enough to your budget, seems like a straight forward decision to me.

But that’s just my 2 pence....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have looked at the io1 cartridge and I can see that some members are drooling over it. I am certainly interested in it and if I were in the country at this time I’d be winging my way down to listen and buy, but unfortunately I’m not presently in the country at the mo so that is slightly difficult.

As per other recommendations I am also very interested in a Hana ML, which I think is at the top of my list, Lyra , Dynavector xx2 and AT ART9 are all of interest, I don’t need percentages because I’ll work that out myself.

This thread is all about recommendations, why others like what they have and for what reason, cost doesn’t or shouldn’t come into it, my 1k limit is what I can realistically throw at a cartridge without breaking the bank. I could go lower or even higher but if it isn’t a clear step up, why bother???

Of the cartridges that I have listened too the Ortofon cadenza bronze is at the moment my favorite, from this thread I’ve been advised I can do better so?

Im not asking for a magic potion and believe me I’ll travel to get the right cartridge. I just don’t want the wrong one😢

Super Wammer

If the ML is of definite interest then it would be worth contacting Guy at Puresound, as he has a loaner cart. I know this as Pete (Orbscure) had it on trial several months back. Grabbing it would mean you could rule it in or out at no cost to yourself. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Lurch said:

If the ML is of definite interest then it would be worth contacting Guy at Puresound, as he has a loaner cart. I know this as Pete (Orbscure) had it on trial several months back. Grabbing it would mean you could rule it in or out at no cost to yourself. 

Many thanks John, Robin has been in touch to say just say that👍

Edited by BruceFlea