Lurch

Lurches 3rd Anniversary Southcoast Bake-off SUNDAY November 17TH, PO19

Ouch.

Looking forward to hearing them though. And to seeing everyone.

We are looking forward to seeing you too, Jamie.

Jack

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Dave was over a few nights ago and we hatched a plan to kick start the 'playroom' shenanigans. If Dave is still so minded, we thought the digital streaming device and dac that he has into my Django passive pre amp (S&B trannies) and onto my active Adams A5 desktop monitors mounted on a suitable pair of stands to be borrowed from someone (Dave Salad?). It would be balanced. A small system but perfectly formed and a good way to get things going..

Dave was invited over specifically to listen to a little-known phono stage that I have plugged into my system (the flagship 'Signature' from Iota Design) that is earning respect here in my bijou 'listening room' from Dave on that occasion and Brook my guest today.

Jamie, why not drop by for 30 minutes on your way through on Sunday a.m., for a quick listen and hear it for yourself?

Jack

That would be great, but I don't want to turn up to John's at my usual fashionable hour; there is clearly some serious listening to be done and let's face it, I've got some catching up to do. See you about 8.30 to be at Lurch Towers about 10.30. Better have the system warmed up!

Hi John, have sent you a message, don’t think it will be possible to attend your bake-off, again my apologies.

Super Wammer

3rd Coventry trip completed today and now have a working pair of 989s YAY!! I'm back in audio heaven at last.

• Like 3

Super Wammer

Kit list is looking very sparse at present, can we have an up to date list of who is bring what along please?

I am taking the Quintet (it is Art Audio John not Audion) for Jamie & the Line Magnetic 845, so do we want to here it as an integrated or shall I bring the LS26 along too?

Super Wammer

26 please Brook

Unless @batteredhaggis brings his 36.5 DM. 

Edited by Lurch

17 hours ago, BruceFlea said:

Hi John, have sent you a message, don’t think it will be possible to attend your bake-off, again my apologies.

Great news 👍🏿

I'll bring the Herron pre-amp, didn't get to use it last time. It's good...

12 hours ago, Speedracer said:

Kit list is looking very sparse at present, can we have an up to date list of who is bring what along please?

I am taking the Quintet (it is Art Audio John not Audion) for Jamie & the Line Magnetic 845, so do we want to here it as an integrated or shall I bring the LS26 along too?

The LS26 as well please Brook - it performed really well this week in my system. Does the Line Magnetic split the line and power stages? (When I went to Joolz's some time ago to demo the Rogue 88 Magnum we tried to split the two on his Line Magnetic and didnt get very far with that idea. )

Good query about the kit list - my question would be what speakers are attending? I believe some AE2s (was that Chris?), I will have the A5 actives but they arent intended for general duties. Are you bringing your floorstanders, Jessica? Dave is down for the Rogers LS3/5as.

Jack

Edited by Non-Smoking Man

Yes, the Line Magnetics does split the Pre and Power sections, it is an option on the input selector.

Regarding speakers I have Rogers LS5/9's or Spendor BC1's or KEF 104aB's here if required.

Super Wammer
13 hours ago, Lurch said:

26 please Brook

Unless @batteredhaggis brings his 36.5 DM. 

Happy to bring it, but equally happy to leave it if there are now too many preamps. Might be interesting to hear it alongside the Herron and ARC though. Let me know what you guys want. Do you want the Luxman again for digital?

Reference 2's please Chris.

On 26/09/2019 at 10:20, chrisph said:

I could bring my AE2's if folks would like a listen to them plus the IOATAVX SA3 integrated amp and PA3 power amp which I am currently using to drive them.

How about the SP10 Chris?

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, Non-Smoking Man said:

Are you bringing youfloorstanders, Jessica? 

Jack

Yes Jack I have the car so I am bringing them. Will be very interested in comparisons as although I have always liked them, a lot of people claim they do not

Jessica xx