MotherSky

Schiit TT

https://www.schiit.com/products/sol - Not in the market myself at the moment, but this looks like an intriguing proposition - the arm in particular. I don't really feel I'm the target audience for their branding, but they do knock out some excellent products at what seem like very competitive prices

• Like 4

Very interesting that. The skeletal design, separate motor, etc. aren't new ideas of course, but to combine that lot with an 11 inch carbon fibre arm all for under $800 looks impressive.

It will of course depend on how it actually performs, but that might worry a few more established manufacturers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

I guess we might see it over here for £899 if we are lucky.  Shipping for an individual order to the UK is about 125 USD according to their website. 

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, Carrington said:

Looks good however I don't think they've given enough thought to the brand name....

I think they have given a great deal of thought to the brand name, and loads of the product names, it is one of their key marketing strategies.

• Upvote 1

Been following schiit closely over the years. And I would never buy their first attempts. No sooner than you buy one, they will release a multibit version, that performs far better :D

15 minutes ago, newlash09 said:

Been following schiit closely over the years. And I would never buy their first attempts. No sooner than you buy one, they will release a multibit version, that performs far better :D

True that, but they're going to struggle with increasing the bit depth here :D

• Haha 1

They have an EU distributor: https://www.schiit.co.uk/

Not on the web page yet thoguh.

5 hours ago, Carrington said:

Looks good however I don't think they've given enough thought to the brand name....

I dunno people don't half talk a lot of Schiit about turntables :)  For once you could say "that turntable is Schiit"  and we might all agree (oops perhaps I shouldn't have said that) 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Lee M said:

Very cool. I want but have no records.

In the Same boat here too :D

• Like 1

Super Wammer
5 hours ago, Lee M said:

Very cool. I want but have no records.

Along with many others who buy turntables, I’m led to believe.  Or the records are on frames attached to their wall!

10 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

Along with many others who buy turntables, I’m led to believe.  Or the records are on frames attached to their wall!

Yes, you could be right!...still a nice TT

• Like 1