Sign in to follow this  
Down in Devon

Intact Audio/Slagle IO SUT

Dave Slagle Copper SUT 

48115695207_98a1bf2937_b.jpgL1010482 by 

US transformer maker made these bespoke transformers designed for Audio Note IO type MC cartridges. This was cased up by (bespoke plinth maker) Bob Cusworth for a well known dealer. It has a loading plug which allows a fair bit more flexibility and has been used to good effect with a variety of MC type cartridges.

It is really good, and gives everything under the all silver S8/9 Jap S9 types a run for their money, I had hoped to try with an IO but other projects are needing funds hence this is up for sale.

Looking for £875 meet up or collection preferred, but PnP possible (£25)

Edited by Down in Devon

Ive had a few PMs but nothing definitive...Considered much better than ANS3 this would be a great upgrade for any IO owners with an entry level SUT...

With the loading plugs in they are a bit more flexible and I know previous owners have found them better than HM7s/Ortofon T5000.

Still available....

Ive tried with my Axia and it is very nice with a slightly different tonal balance to the HM7s...

If you haven't heard of Dave check out his HiFi Heroin site...These transformers are as good as you get!

Edited by Down in Devon

Posted (edited)

Ive heard of David Slagle in connection with autoformer volume controls. I would imagine this item is top notch. Quirky, too..(that's a plus in my book..)

Jack

Edited by Non-Smoking Man

12 minutes ago, Non-Smoking Man said:

Ive heard of David Slagle in connection with autoformer volume controls. I would imagine this item is top notch. Quirky, too..(that's a plus in my book..)

Jack

I doubt there's anything about transformers that Dave Slagle doesn't know Jack. I have a pair of his custom-wound interstage here and the quality of his stuff is seriously good.

Had the pleasure of trying this with an Ikeda 9TT the other day and it sounded stunning...

I had one of Dave’s transformers at home for a few weeks and it sounded great. Can I confirm please what you mean by ‘IO type’. I didn’t think that there was another cartridge with the same loading requirements so don’t understand what you mean by ‘IO type’. What value loadings are included please? 

Am interested Mike and hope that you can answer my questions. Thanks

Sorry Dom I didn't see this....It was designed for use with an IO cartridge. There are a set of RCA plugs which load the primaries of the transformers so you can load it with resistors to make it useable with other cartridges, but it sounds best without these (and with an IO)...

I have this at home at the moment and it’s very nice, sadly the step up ratio is definitely for an io so I lose a bit of flexibility on my volume as a result (my Ikeda cart needs a1:40 ratio and this is a1:100

so good I have ordered a slagle step up designed for my cart. Shipped the trannies On their own will cost £600 plus add in the my metal case at a further £100 plus someone to build it and the lovely case work this is a total bargain

rgds

darren

Despite sounded great with Darren's Ikeda (which isn't really a great match) this is still for sale...

Would be a great present for Christmas for the discerning IO user!

FYI these have the same transformers as the EMIA units at a considerable saving...

http://myemia.com/SUT.html