Sign in to follow this  
meninblack

Wammers Album Club 2019 #9: Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go?

So?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

billie-eilish.jpg

The internet's latest Yoof sensation, and the youngest artist to get a UK number one album...

This will test your bass drivers!

Edited by meninblack
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's ok , does nothing for me but it's ok .

Having a listen now under the ‘phones whilst the Mrs watches her soaps. Thoughts to follow. 

Other than the fact that I managed to listen to it all the way through, I can't think of anything really positive to say about this album. Fancy effects cannot make up for poor vocals and what are laughingly described as lyrics. I guess I'm not the target audience. 1/5

Sorry, not for me

I didn't think I would like this, and I was right, I really don't.

It's a bit more quirky than most chart focused Pop but still chart focused Pop.

I guess I’m not down with da yout!

Just couldn’t get into this at all. 1/5 for me. Really not for me this one. 

I like the track title 'bury a friend'. I can only hope that this album goes in with him or her, though I'm worried that six feet might not be deep enough. In the meantime, I want to know who's stolen John and replaced him with a thirteen-year-old girl.

It would be easy to agree with those who say 'not for me', but I'm afraid I would rate it a bit lower than that. It's difficult to describe this the way I'd like, what with the thread not being in the Car Park, but for execrable, Roget's offers me 'appalling, awful, dreadful, terrible, frightful, atrocious, very bad and lamentable' for starters. Frankly, I'd find an hour of listening to the sound effects in Texas Chainsaw Massacre quite pleasurable by comparison.

Bass is good though.

0/5.

Edited by rabski

I thought it was dreadful and had to force myself to listen all the way through in the vain hope it might redeem itself. Sorry, it didn't.

"When the Party's Over" was alright but the rest I just flicked through. Not my thing. Over-processed, formulaic and un-memorable I'm afraid. I don't think Ms. Eilish has any sort of voice to speak of. And quite frankly, the lyrics to "Wish you were Gay" are downright disgraceful and offensive.