brizonbiovizier

Best place to sell high end equipment

Depends on what your definition of ‘high end’ is.

you would be surprised what sells on here

• Upvote 1

I am not sure there is a "best" place.  I think there are places where you may connect with someone seeking high end kit - the ads sections of the HiFi mags is a good place I think (Hifi World and Hifi News) .. then there is the dreaded fleebay but lots of dealers have high end stuff on there. Then there are places like Audiogon.

Oh yes - and there is the ads place in here too :)  

Good luck in your sale.

Posted (edited)

I put a For Sale ad in a UK mag a few years ago for a highly respected phono amp at a good price & sadly & surprisingly got zero response...:$
Turntables are difficult to sell because of shipping problems - it needs to be taken apart & put back in the original boxes unless a buyer is local
or willing to travel.
Try your luck on this forum - I've had very good results from the one or two items I've sold here.
Good luck.

Edited by Von Krolock

4 hours ago, brizonbiovizier said:

I am a bit out of touch with the online hifi community these days. Is audiogon still the best place to sell a high end turntable? 

Is this in usa or UK ? 

I would try eBay and have it collection only so you dont have to risk posting it. Collection only also deters scammers. Think of a price you want for the tt and set it buy it now for a few quid more and see what interest you receive, if you receive non drop the price a bit. Works for me.

13 hours ago, uzzy said:

the ads sections of the HiFi mags is a good place I think (Hifi World and Hifi News) ..

Lol, its not 1985 anymore :) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Chronicals said:

Lol, its not 1985 anymore :) 

Although it is not 1985, I purchased a pair of Kef Reference 104aBs with their stands on Wednesday that I found in the October 2019 edition of Hi Fi News for the princely sum of £85, if I told you that they were brand new you would believe me and they sound rather good as well

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brizonbiovizier said:

Best to split or sell as one?

Offer option of both...Break the price down.

But yeah you can wait for a magazine to be printed and then the off chance someone reads it once a month lol . or just put it on eBay, biggest exposure there is (sadly)

You'll notice plenty of things sit on forums for months and never sell, unless its giveaway, put it on eBay and it'll be gone in a couple of weeks for a decent market value.

Theres also Hififorsale, but the website is shocking

There is only one marketplace for selling your HiFi equipment and pretty much anything else for that matter really...

Edited by 2010*zuma

On 30/08/2019 at 18:29, brizonbiovizier said:

I am a bit out of touch with the online hifi community these days. Is audiogon still the best place to sell a high end turntable? 

There is no best place. The classifieds on here are free so theres a good place to start. Free to give you're thread a bump even to bring it back to the top once in a while. 

6 minutes ago, 2010*zuma said:

There is only one marketplace for selling your HiFi equipment and pretty much anything else for that matter!

Can you tell us where?  :)

Has to be fleabay due to the , audience you are reaching....I don't think in the near 10 years on here I have managed to sell any hifi equipment.....Although I did sell a fair amount of vinyl some years back...

Edited by 2010*zuma

... Come to think of it I have bought a few pieces of equipment on here over the years......:zip:

• Haha 1