g8ina

Goldring Lenco GL75 main bearing mod, now with 5.5 & 6.5mm PEEK

Posted (edited)

Morning all,

This is my Main Bearing Mod for the Goldring Lenco GL75 (and similar) bearings. Inspired by the likes of Jolyon in LencoHeaven (and with his permission to use his ideas), I've been working on a low cost bearing mod to make an oiltight seal and add better quality components to the main bearing in the Lenco GL75/78 and similar GL tables (not the light pressed steel platter TTs).

I'm using a linear bearing slide flange which bolts onto the base of the bearing shaft, then filling the cavity with oil and covering the base with a 1mm silicone rubber disc, and topping it off with a 55x30x5mm aluminium plate, bolted to the flange. On the inside, I'm adding a 5mm silicon nitride ball bearing and a 1mm PTFE thrust pad made by me, from now on all PTFE kits will include 2 pads at no extra cost (one as a spare for future) for £30 inc UK post.

I can offer an option for a 1mm PEEK thrust pad for an extra £5-00. PEEK is much harder and longer lasting and suitable for twin platters. NB - I have only THREE 1mm PEEK pads in stock.

I now have (from 7 Oct) 12x 5.5mm (Standard) and 3x 6.5mm (for PTP) PEEK pads These are be available as options at £5 each extra.

If you already bought a kit, you can buy the the 5.5mm or 6.5mm PEEK pads for £5 plus post.

My results to date are quite amazing with bearing noise floor dropping to almost nil, and it also makes the oiltight bearing a lot better on oil use !

One DIY Kit, comprising one "flange", one aluminium plate, 2 nuts and bolts, one silicone rubber disc, two thrust pads 1mm PTFE (optional 1x PEEK), one 5mm silicon nitride ball bearing, one small bottle of cleaner, one small bottle of bearing oil. £30 inc UK 2nd class post

You will need paper towel and cotton buds and the tools necessary to remove and replace the parts.

The 5.5mm or 6.5mm PEEK pads will remove the necessity for the metal pad and spring clip.

You will need the knowledge & skill to remove the main bearing, do the mod and replace the bearing. If you would prefer me to do the fitting, it will be £40 plus return post. (Apologies for the small price increase, component parts have gone up 1f641.png?_nc_eui2=AeFn-G84v8rjCg8ppJfNg:( )

NB : This is not my full time job, it's a hobby, I don't do fancy packaging, I don't do shiny finishes, what you see is what you get 1f642.png?_nc_eui2=AeFXAjObjVieClifDN9r0:)

Located NN3 Northampton, UK

Instructions attached below as DOCX file.

1.JPG

5.JPG

4.JPG

Instructions GL75 Mod.docx

Edited by g8ina
  • Like 1

sfs

sfs

sfs, but I only have 7 PTFE kits, with 4 PEEK optional pads.

Big thanks to David for doing a fantastic job of fitting the bearing upgrade to my GL75. He also gave the deck a service as well all for a very reasonable sum, the bearing is super quiet now.

I can thoroughly recommend this upgrade, and the quality of Davids work is top notch.

Great coffee, chat and tunes, a very enjoyable morning. 

Wow, thanks very much :)

Only got three kits left at the mo, but more parts on order for another 20 off batch with thicker PEEK pads.

sfs, NEW 5.5mm PEEK pads for standard plinths or 6.5mm PEEK pads for PTP plinths added.

sfs, 12 full PTFE or PEEK 5.5mm kits available.

sfs, 10 full kits

sfs, no 1mm PEEK at the moment.

sfs