forgot-my-id

whre to get iec / kettle plugs ?

where can I get decent iec kettle plugs without paying foo prices ?

Ive got a couple of lengths of fancy power cord, want to see how much difference it makes, somewhat skeptical !

Super Wammer

I'd guess you'd want a female plug rather than the male type above? The other thing to watch out for is if your cables have too large a diameter for some plugs.

This might be suitable:

https://cpc.farnell.com/schurter/4782-0100/c13-iec-connector-10mm-cable-entry/dp/CN20420?st=Iec

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

I've used the Chinese 'copy' furutech rhodium plated IEC plugs for a number of years with no issues

Edited by MF 1000
  • Like 1

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

That's the type/style I've used ....cable wise they allowed me to use 32amp cable for my main lead to my isotek unit 😀

Edited by MF 1000
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, awkwardbydesign said:

Ditto.

Ditto ditto :D

Except I bought a load of the transparent red ones with silver-plated pins.

They do the job fine and actually have a good grip and contact area, which to my mind is all that matters.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Sorry if this is information you already have but if you order from China then only order a maximum of two at any one time and order any further ones you need the day after and put in your comments not to shipped with any other order. Otherwise the supply compnay tries to be helpful (and save you money) by charging a single p&p but it makes the shipment over the UK Customs free personal import level of £15 including p&p and you then not only get charged VAT but you get an £8 import/admin chagre as well which is lawyas much more than the p&p cost.

• Like 3

On 25/08/2019 at 23:45, MartinC said:

I'd guess you'd want a female plug rather than the male type above? The other thing to watch out for is if your cables have too large a diameter for some plugs.

This might be suitable:

https://cpc.farnell.com/schurter/4782-0100/c13-iec-connector-10mm-cable-entry/dp/CN20420?st=Iec

FWIW, I know of two companies who consider these superior to a lot of the fancier options out there, assuming, as above, that you're not using the type of cable which could anchor the QE2.

Im going to get foo look alike plugs, so I can sell on later if I dont think these fancy wires make a significant difference

I can't  think of too many manufacturers who offer fancy mains cable off the reel.

Supra maybe? If it's them, then personally I'd go for MK 646 mains plugs and either Schurter or Supra's own IECs. And I'd give the Chinese knock-off shite a wide berth.