Idlewithnodrive

Wammers Album Club 2019 #8 Youngblood Brass Band - live.places

Youngblood Brass Band . Live . Places  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For my WAC choice, I have chosen one of the most important, formative Albums of my recent musical journey.

I first was recommended this Album a couple of years ago, as I hated anything Jazz but was desperately looking for a way into more leftfield / alternative Jazz, something I had failed to find many times before.

YBB certainly changed that !

A real fusion, crossover, multi-vibe Album, which is described as a Riot Jazz, Hip Hop, Punk fusion, (really, Brighouse and Rastrick brass band to Eminem, it's all in there) this album is a positively kicking intro to REALLY alternative Jazz. These guys really are having a blast, just totally enjoying themselves and their music, I love it :love:

I come from a Psych, Electro, Japanese Doom Metal background and this Album really does it for me, so, please  give it a whirl, I think you'll be surprised :D :nerves:

Image result for young blood brass band live places

Edited by Bazzer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 24/08/2019 at 21:29, Idlewithnodrive said:

Ooooh! I love this one!

I’m only 2 songs in and im deffo adding this to my playlist and “I will see them live” list. 

Nice!!!

Edited by Amormusic
Tidied up as it copied the whole thing and pics!!!

I'm struggling a bit with this , early days though.

I see that this has played out well chaps :D

Bit of a surprise this - and a nice one at that. I like it apart from the odd sax solo which is my least favourite instrument of all. Love the brass and I found the whole thing pretty enjoyable - sounds like everyone in the band is having a great time 👍

I'm moving towards the 'love it' end of the scale. I've ordered one of the other CDs, as my only issue with a quick listen is that the quality of the live recording seems a bit all over the place.

Something very contagiously fun about it though. Great foot tapping feel.

1 hour ago, rabski said:

I'm moving towards the 'love it' end of the scale. I've ordered one of the other CDs, as my only issue with a quick listen is that the quality of the live recording seems a bit all over the place.

Something very contagiously fun about it though. Great foot tapping feel.

Next best for me are 'Word on the Street' and 'Is That a Riot' but I love live Albums, regardless (within reason) of recording quality.

Forgot to update my post. 

Really enjoyed this one. It has already had a couple of plays. 

A solid 4/5 from me. Good choice 👍

Bouncy, good fun. 4/5