Sign in to follow this  
akamatsu

Klimax Radikal/Krystal vs. Akurate Radikal/Kandid

It's been a while now since I did it, but I remember even hearing it in a comparison clip on another forum. I have a few friends who have done it and another is currently looking for that rare species second-hand Klimax Radikal. But I understand your predicament, it's very tempting to change speakers, especially since the excellent 242's can be had for a very attractive price these days.

On 26/11/2019 at 12:51, Tendaberry said:

It's been a while now since I did it, but I remember even hearing it in a comparison clip on another forum. I have a few friends who have done it and another is currently looking for that rare species second-hand Klimax Radikal. But I understand your predicament, it's very tempting to change speakers, especially since the excellent 242's can be had for a very attractive price these days.

That’s exactly it, the 242s are real cheap these days. 

On 23/11/2019 at 14:57, Tendaberry said:

Definitely Klimax Radikal, you won't regret it!

It’s exactly the same electronics, just in different cases.

i don’t understand how the Klimax Radikal could sound demonstrably better than the Akurate Radikal?

Edited by kelly200269

I'm not sure I understand how it sounds more musical, but it does.  It is the same electronics, but the casework is more solid and the electronics are also mounted differently.  All these things seem to add up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThomasOK said:

I'm not sure I understand how it sounds more musical, but it does.  It is the same electronics, but the casework is more solid and the electronics are also mounted differently.  All these things seem to add up.

The only think I can think of is that any vibration/microphony is more effectively suppressed in the machined case. Solid mounting on to the machined case lid/floor will also help. TBH, I bought my machined Radikal because it matched the KEDSM on the same shelf of my rack. It also helped that it was a discounted ex demo item ...

David

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this