I was in favour of a second referendum. Now? No. Those who still believe will swallow the "assault on democracy" "traitors to democracy" lines that will be hurled about and will become even more entrenched in their position - i.e. many of them didn't believe in the elite political class in the first place hence their voting Leave.

For me now, we have to leave but, as I say, opposition parties and Remain campaigners should keep lines of contact open with the EU and wait for those Leave Voters to realise that they really were lied to. Once enough of theme get that (say 50% of Leave Voters) then we should have negotiated a position to return to the fold - although we will no doubt lose some of the unique concessions we received when originally joining the Common Market.

Just my opinion, but wherever I look 3 years down the line, I see no concessions, no lack of belief in the vast majority of those who voted to Leave. If anything it' quite the opposite. If you want to heal the wounds, (and it is refreshing that YellowHammer has pointed to the possibility of riots and violence between the two sides as I was criticised for doing here only recently) then you do need enough Leave voters to turn on the likes of Johnson and Farage realising they were played. The rest of us have to tighten our belts pending that.

As an aside, imagine if you had inside knowledge of the twists and turns likely in the lead up to Oct 31st. Imagine you were briefed by those close to Cummings cabal. You would make an absolute fortune playing the futures market in a very short time - making 3-4% profit every single week on your investment...

The real Project Fear?

starwarsempereur.gif

Reality Check: Checking the Vote Leave leaflet
By Anthony Reuben & Peter Barnes
BBC Reality Check

_89173521_leave_leaflet.jpg
Edited by tuga

CkHzxI8XEAA_Gp8.jpg.ca21f18e9f3da3fe7a9ebb4477a226ff.jpg

Looking forward to some of these - the VAT cuts, the millions for the NHS and the new jobs with the trade deals we haven't got...

The best thing to do with this this current Govt in general, and Johnson in particular, is to assume they are lying, unless you can prove otherwise.

• Like 2

Grey's summary of the week's events:

Friday, 13 September 2019

Revolution and counter-revolution

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2019/09/revolution-and-counter-revolution.html?m=1

Edited by tuga

Super Wammer

I respectfully disagree: How to argue constructively about Brexit https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49648119

On 12/09/2019 at 18:09, CnoEvil said:

The best thing to do with this this current Govt in general, and Johnson in particular, is to assume they are lying, unless you can prove otherwise.

This could almost be a sweeping comment about politicians in general. I’ve reached the stage where I have no faith in any of them.

There’s so much cr4p being spewed out continually, by a bunch of inept fools who couldn’t organise a pissup in a brewery. 

Summon septic peg and her crystal ball please - she’ll probably know more than any of them, and could probably organise it better. 

Note I haven’t stated if I’ve chose to remain or leave. I feel that both arguments were highly flawed and as I don’t have a crystal ball myself  I just don’t know which is better. I just hope we can pull ourselves out of this endless shitstorm we’re in. I am honestly now bored of seeing brexit on tv every day. 

2 hours ago, Amormusic said:

This could almost be a sweeping comment about politicians in general. I’ve reached the stage where I have no faith in any of them.

There’s so much cr4p being spewed out continually, by a bunch of inept fools who couldn’t organise a pissup in a brewery. 

Summon septic peg and her crystal ball please - she’ll probably know more than any of them, and could probably organise it better. 

Note I haven’t stated if I’ve chose to remain or leave. I feel that both arguments were highly flawed and as I don’t have a crystal ball myself  I just don’t know which is better. I just hope we can pull ourselves out of this endless shitstorm we’re in. I am honestly now bored of seeing brexit on tv every day. 

Given the Lunatics have taken over the asylum, this is an easy conclusion to reach.

....But there is hope, while some have the courage of their convictions and act accordingly, putting Country before Party and their own self interest.

We need to start with a clean slate and exile the lot. Every single politician from every party. They are all self-serving liars and thieves.

We all knew them from an early age. The creeps who sided with the teachers and grassed up their peers (then whinged about being ‘bullied’). They eventually went into politics to get revenge on all those who showed loyalty to their mates instead.

I blame the teachers and parents of these scum for encouraging disloyalty at such a young age, rewarding sneaks and using them instead of trying to cure the condition at an early age.

I consider it an illness if someone grows up wanting to profit from governing people’s lives for them. Curing it early is a vital public health measure.

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, chebby said:

We need to start with a clean slate and exile the lot. Every single politician from every party. They are all self-serving liars and thieves.

We all knew them from an early age. The creeps who sided with the teachers and grassed up their peers (then whinged about being ‘bullied’). They eventually went into politics to get revenge on all those who showed loyalty to their mates instead.

I blame the teachers and parents of these scum for encouraging disloyalty at such a young age, rewarding sneaks and using them instead of trying to cure the condition at an early age.

I consider it an illness if someone grows up wanting to profit from governing people’s lives for them. Curing it early is a vital public health measure.

The thing I hate most about every single politician from every party is the way they make sweeping generalisations.

• Haha 3

Nigel Farage walks into a pub and says, I'll have a pint of beer please. The barman pours a pint, then throws it all over Farage.

'What did you do that for?' says Farage, drenched to the skin.

'Because you're in a metaphor which illustrates the stupidity of asking for something but not stipulating how you fecking wanted it delivered, you frog-faced sniveling ****!'

'But I'm still thirsty, so I want a pint -- this time in a glass!' says Farage.

'You can't ask again!' said the barman.

'Why not?' sniveled Farage.

'Democracy.' says the barman.

[funny, but edited for language in the Public Bar. Mods]

Edited by rabski
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Super Wammer
On 12/09/2019 at 13:02, Tune said:

CkHzxI8XEAA_Gp8.jpg.ca21f18e9f3da3fe7a9ebb4477a226ff.jpg

Looking forward to some of these - the VAT cuts, the millions for the NHS and the new jobs with the trade deals we haven't got...

You'll see this in the Queen's speech.  There'll be lots of spending promises, then the statement "but only if we have Brexit and can stop sending £350m a week to the EU and avoid the £39bn leave settlement".  Bribe, bribe, bribe. Con, con, con. You can pretty much guarantee that the numbers won't add up, as this government does it sums on the sides of cardboard models of Brexit busses.

Then there will be new austerity because of all the loss of trade and the increased trade tariffs, which will be the fault of the EU and other countries because of "us and them" mentality and the need to constantly blame others in the Daily Mail mode.