stupra

Exaktbox-I not powering up

Posted (edited)

Listened to music yesterday, powered everything down as usual, hit the Standby button on the Linn remote control to turn off the Systemhub and Exaktbox. All ok last night.

This morning, hit the power standby button, the Systemhub powers up, the Exactbox doesn't. I hear a relay clicking inside the Exactbox but there is no blue light on the front. Nothing has been touched since switching off yesterday

Checked Konfig and I cannot access Space optimisation, LP12 or speakers. The Systemhub has an exclamation mark to the right of the volume display

Is it fuse related or something more serious. Didn't want to get to pulling cables out without thoughts from you guys.

Rang suppling dealer and its gone to answerphone so theyre busy. Hoped somebody might have an idea here though

Stu

Edited by stupra
Additional text added

Have you read this?

! indicates that the Linn DS/DSM/HUB is expecting to see all of the pre-configured Exakt devices, (Exakt speakers, Exakrbox.., Urika-II) connected but it cannot see them. This is typically because the Exakt devices are physically disconnected from the Exakt-link network, they physically have no power going to them or the Linn DS/DSM/HUB has prevously been configured for these products but have not been removed from its setup.

Sounds like the exakt link to the Box-i has come loose. The Box-i LED won;t come on until it can talk to the Hub. But if you turn it off/on (switch underneath) does it flash?

25 minutes ago, timster said:

Have you read this?

Sounds like the exakt link to the Box-i has come loose. The Box-i LED won;t come on until it can talk to the Hub. But if you turn it off/on (switch underneath) does it flash?

Hello Timster.

Just had conversation with the dealer as I read your post. In for a penny I thought. I went round the back of the unit, I heard a couple of "sparking" sounds as I was trying the connections, then Hey presto, blooming thing sprung to life. Appears power lead was in its socket but insufficiently enough to make electrical contact, despite listening to the system yesterday.

The joys of intermittent faults!!!

Stu 

• Like 2

Good to hear.