The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Music At Home

FS: Linn Akurate DS/3 Katalyst

Black, excellent condition. Was originally built as a DS/1 and was Katalyst and Exaktlink upgraded at the Linn factory in April last year. Invoice for the upgrade from Linn retailer (Peter Tyson) will be included with the DS and will have the full balance of the transferable 5 year warranty. Original remote, mains lead, box and packaging for safe shipping.

£2,900 + postage at cost

I'm located in Argyll and Bute, post-code PA29 but make regular trips to Darlington, County Durham (and anywhere along the route)

thumbnail1.thumb.jpg.cc74e3bdbeefc243c2ea3a88a9377ed5.jpg

thumbnail2.thumb.jpg.50617c7df8de510ad3b747701e1b361b.jpg

thumbnail6.thumb.jpg.f86fd84d39e2fef44e89aa79e9d25f8a.jpgthumbnail3.thumb.jpg.7ce000fb5e72a93b8cfe4b24a12cf332.jpg

thumbnail11.thumb.jpg.0909b941e0e376619c83d52d4e84f1f7.jpg

That's a good price for this. Having just upgraded mine to Katalyst I can confirm it makes a very significant difference over standard. Someone should be very happy owning this...

GLWTS :^

• Upvote 1

Does the upgrade to exactlink prevent me from using it as a streamer with my amplifier using the XLR output?
I assume the exactlink is for use with a linn power amp or powered speakers. Sorry for the basic question as I am not familiar with the various derivatives of linn ....
Thanks,

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Kubs said:

Does the upgrade to exactlink prevent me from using it as a streamer with my amplifier using the XLR output?

No, the analog outputs are still very much available. You can use either type of output depending on how you want to use it. If planning for Exakt in the future, start with the Katalyst'ed DAC analog outputs then switch to the Exaktlink outputs for feeding Exakt integrated loudspeakers or an Exaktbox aktive crossover when ready. Or just use in the conventional steaming analog output way, forever, and forget the Exaktlinks are even there.