brantome

Upgrading - and wearing hearing aids

1 hour ago, timster said:

Yes, a good system. Do you use the speakers as bookshelf or did you get the stands?

Bookshelf - my room size, layout etc unfortunately doesn’t lend itself to stands. They’ll be on a thick solid oak shelf.

Super Wammer
17 hours ago, brantome said:

Decided to go for a Maijk DSM and Majik 109s after a listen. Might sell my ten year old Sneaky DS as a result - what’s a reasonable price to expect for it in the U.K.? 

That’s about as old as they get, so I’d say anything north of £300 would be a good result.  Ten percent more if you have all the packaging, box, leads etc., as supplied. I got mine less than two years ago for low £400s about eighteen months ago, and it still had over six months of the original five year warranty left.  

However, if you’re buying the Majik brand new then a dealer might offer you more, in lieu of the ‘forbidden discount’ on the Majik. 

9 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

That’s about as old as they get, so I’d say anything north of £300 would be a good result.  Ten percent more if you have all the packaging, box, leads etc., as supplied. I got mine less than two years ago for low £400s about eighteen months ago, and it still had over six months of the original five year warranty left.  

However, if you’re buying the Majik brand new then a dealer might offer you more, in lieu of the ‘forbidden discount’ on the Majik. 

There are days when I feel ‘as old as they get’ could just about apply to me too ;) 

The dealer did offer £250 which I thought was a bit on the low side tbh, but I was happy with the 10% discount I got off the whole package so didn’t press for more.

Might try local gumtree first as one appears to have gone locally for £550 a year ago. If I’ve no luck there, I’ll try fleabay with that and my b&w S1 686s, although one tweeter might need replaced - an over inquisitive two year old thought it looked like a button....