Sign in to follow this  
Bandy

LP12 Sub chassis Identification - help needed

Posted (edited)

Having recently acquired an LP12 from around 1986/7 (I think based on serial number) it looks like its had a few upgrades/changes.  Being newbie from a LP12 perspective I cant seem to identify, from its shape, what sub-chassis has been installed, i don’t think its original.  It seems to be some sort of non-metal material, maybe a resin (?) Anyone got any ideas?  Thanks for any help.  

IMG_0465.jpeg

Edited by Bandy
Wrong photo

Posted (edited)

Hi - definitely not Linn, and the bearing housing doesn't look to be either. Sub-chassis is possibly Cetech, but I'm not sure...

Oh, just noticed the motor. That's not Linn either! Is there an accompanying offboard power supply for the motor?

Sorry, not much help...

Edited by MickC

Thanks I’ll check out Cetech.  The motor is an Origin Live upgrade with off board PSU, although I dont have the switching unit.

• Like 1

Checked out images of the Cetech and it doesn’t appear to have the cut out near the motor location as this one does so not sure its one of those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MickC said:

Hi - definitely not Linn, and the bearing housing doesn't look to be either. Sub-chassis is possibly Cetech, but I'm not sure...

Oh, just noticed the motor. That's not Linn either! Is there an accompanying offboard power supply for the motor?

Sorry, not much help...

Yes, not much LP12 in that photo at all, probably just plinth, top plate and, possibly, armboard. Even then, the two mounting blocks in the plinth look to be offcuts from a fence post and the nuts on the front one aren’t done up, so not sure what’s going on there.

’troll

It’s not pretty underneath for sure.  I’ll tidy that up once I decide where to take it.  On the upside ;) Ekos tone arm and Troika cartridge installed and it came with two dust covers the original (wrapped, unmarked and clear) and an aftermarket one which is fitted. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bandy said:

It’s not pretty underneath for sure.  I’ll tidy that up once I decide where to take it.  On the upside ;) Ekos tone arm and Troika cartridge installed and it came with two dust covers the original (wrapped, unmarked and clear) and an aftermarket one which is fitted. 

Check the tracking force dial on the Ekos. It's a superb arm (I had both mk I & mk II) but early versions had a problem with stuck dials. However, even if it does stick, if it's at the correct tracking weight I'd leave it alone.

Sign in to follow this