The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

greybeard

2019/2020 Football season

Super Wammer

Well have to admit the Super Cup was a much more entertaining game than I thought it would be . Sadly very dissapointed in VAR , Penalty was really pants and should have been overturned . Then Adrians save for the winner should have been retaken as he was not on his line when the ball was played which they are supposed to be really keen on looking at.

Officals had reasonable games but thought at times they were a bit week . Chelsea goal keeper was told to stay on his line for every single penaly should have been booked which would have stopped the nonsense.

Suspect it will be some party in Istanbul tonight as the ground seemed to be three quarters Liverpool fans.

10 hours ago, bencat said:

Well have to admit the Super Cup was a much more entertaining game than I thought it would be .

And a fair way better than the ECL final to say the least , I thought Liverpool were going to get tonked given the strange 1st half display.

Then Adrians save for the winner should have been retaken as he was not on his line when the ball was played which they are supposed to be really keen on looking at.

I know the Premier League aren't looking at this , not sure about last night .

Super Wammer
14 hours ago, Bazzer said:

I know the Premier League aren't looking at this , not sure about last night .

Oh yes the PL are looking at this as Man City had a penalty to be retaken after the Keeper was adjuged to have moved. It was also noticable that the referee ket telling both goal keepers that they had to have at least one foot on the line . I am not too bothered if they change the rules and tell all the players etc what is expected . I just want to see them be consistent. I suspect that given the late hour and the huge celebrations going on by the Liverpool players and staff intimidated the officials in to not doing anyhting to change the result.

Could not agree more about the CL final a hugely forgettable match with little quality shown to the world from two supposedly top clas PL teams. Only saving grace for me was that Liverpool won , but then again I would say that wouldnt I .

4 minutes ago, bencat said:

Oh yes the PL are looking at this as Man City had a penalty to be retaken after the Keeper was adjuged to have moved. It was also noticable that the referee ket telling both goal keepers that they had to have at least one foot on the line . I am not too bothered if they change the rules and tell all the players etc what is expected . I just want to see them be consistent. I suspect that given the late hour and the huge celebrations going on by the Liverpool players and staff intimidated the officials in to not doing anyhting to change the result.

Could not agree more about the CL final a hugely forgettable match with little quality shown to the world from two supposedly top clas PL teams. Only saving grace for me was that Liverpool won , but then again I would say that wouldnt I .

The penalty in saturday's game was re-taken because Declan Rice encroached in to the penalty area and then cleared the ball after Fabianski had made a save.

• Like 1

Oh yes the PL are looking at this as Man City had a penalty to be retaken after the Keeper was adjudged to have moved.

As Jon says above the penalty was retaken for encroachment , the commentators were not up to speed on the ruling , I who is up to speed :D wondered what they were on about until one of them got a whisper and mentioned encroachment .  

PS. us bluenoses need to know the rules as some referees when in front of certain team's home supporters carry a book of variations xD

Edited by Bazzer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Super Wammer
21 hours ago, Bazzer said:

As Jon says above the penalty was retaken for encroachment , the commentators were not up to speed on the ruling , I who is up to speed :D wondered what they were on about until one of them got a whisper and mentioned encroachment .  

PS. us bluenoses need to know the rules as some referees when in front of certain team's home supporters carry a book of variations xD

I know what you mean and even when it is in Liverpools favour (as many cliam it to be) I hate this type of inconsistency . I just want to see fair and consistent work by all officials and sadly over the years I feel this has become worse and not improved.

Please do not think this is saying that officials are delibrately biased in England at least I think this is not true but pressure can do strange things.

Super Wammer

Liverpool have started to live dangerously again . Had enough really good chances to have made the Southampton game a routine win . Instead we gift them a goal and very nearly let them equalise .

Considering we played extra time in Turkey on Wednesday and had little recovery or practice time this was a a very good win . Only 36 more to go if we expect to be close to PL Champion status .

Interesting to see the intensity at the Etihad has carried on from last season , it was like if we drop a point we've lost the league .

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

I was very impressed Ceballos home debut yesterday, If he continues in that vein, I hope he is available to buy at the end of the loan.

1 hour ago, greybeard said:

I was very impressed Ceballos home debut yesterday, If he continues in that vein, I hope he is available to buy at the end of the loan.

Pepe looked good as well .

• Like 1

Super Wammer
17 hours ago, greybeard said:

Watched the game and must admit I was also very impressed with Ceballos looked a class ahead of the rest of the players. Sadly if he carries on like this and plays that well unless you have an agreed buy clause in the loan I suspect he will either return to his Club to add to their team or those with money to burn (Man Untd , Man City , Chelsea etc ) will show very keen interest .

• Sad 1