Iceman 16

Does rfi makes a system sound brighter?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

A lower bass output is not inaccuracy,

I'd suggest it is. If there is frequency information on the recording that is not output by the speaker then this is not an accurate reproduction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MartinC said:

I'd suggest it is. If there is frequency information on the recording that is not output by the speaker then this is not an accurate reproduction.

Hi,

It can still be accurate, but lower volume. I did indicate that you could use the frequency response of the speaker having to be flat. Very few are  - but it depends on the accuracy i suppose for this criteria. If you have room correction, then every speaker could have the same frequency response - in general - of course, there are limits (over stressing small bass-mid range driver).

This is my interpretation - accuracy is a signal that does not distort, or has the least distortion. If it is an analogue signal, then all the information is there, and volume can be corrected.

Regards,

Shadders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shadders said:

If you have room correction, then every speaker could have the same frequency response - in general - of course, there are limits (over stressing small bass-mid range driver).

While I understand your thinking, in practice the extent to which aftermarket DSP products can extend the frequency range at either high or low frequencies is very limited, and it's generally best not to try.

DSP built into an active subwoofer/speaker by the designer is a different situation though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MartinC said:

While I understand your thinking, in practice the extent to which aftermarket DSP products can extend the frequency range at either high or low frequencies is very limited, and it's generally best not to try.

DSP built into an active subwoofer/speaker by the designer is a different situation though.

Good point, I regularly use Bose 802's with modern DSP amplifiers and the amount of power needed to achieve the desired result is rather large. I ran out of steam with a 500watt amp, but a Kilowatt worked rather well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
1 hour ago, moo-fi said:

Good point, I regularly use Bose 802's with modern DSP amplifiers and the amount of power needed to achieve the desired result is rather large. I ran out of steam with a 500watt amp, but a Kilowatt worked rather well.

HOW MUCH POWER? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could have been cruel and dropped on my 3kw Full Fat Frogs anplifiers on them, but I think the drivers would be exiting the cabinet. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dealer

Quality not quantity !

ATASTTB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
4 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

Quality not quantity !

Both.

But I'm greedy.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full fat audio stuff is made for Funktion one and is part of my work collection.

I suspect most home hifi amps aren't going to be driving large line arrays and 16 triple 15 subs for two thousand people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.