Iceman 16

Does rfi makes a system sound brighter?

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

A lower bass output is not inaccuracy,

I'd suggest it is. If there is frequency information on the recording that is not output by the speaker then this is not an accurate reproduction.

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

I'd suggest it is. If there is frequency information on the recording that is not output by the speaker then this is not an accurate reproduction.

Hi,

It can still be accurate, but lower volume. I did indicate that you could use the frequency response of the speaker having to be flat. Very few are  - but it depends on the accuracy i suppose for this criteria. If you have room correction, then every speaker could have the same frequency response - in general - of course, there are limits (over stressing small bass-mid range driver).

This is my interpretation - accuracy is a signal that does not distort, or has the least distortion. If it is an analogue signal, then all the information is there, and volume can be corrected.

Regards,

Shadders.

1 minute ago, Shadders said:

If you have room correction, then every speaker could have the same frequency response - in general - of course, there are limits (over stressing small bass-mid range driver).

While I understand your thinking, in practice the extent to which aftermarket DSP products can extend the frequency range at either high or low frequencies is very limited, and it's generally best not to try.

DSP built into an active subwoofer/speaker by the designer is a different situation though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MartinC said:

While I understand your thinking, in practice the extent to which aftermarket DSP products can extend the frequency range at either high or low frequencies is very limited, and it's generally best not to try.

DSP built into an active subwoofer/speaker by the designer is a different situation though.

Good point, I regularly use Bose 802's with modern DSP amplifiers and the amount of power needed to achieve the desired result is rather large. I ran out of steam with a 500watt amp, but a Kilowatt worked rather well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moo-fi said:

Good point, I regularly use Bose 802's with modern DSP amplifiers and the amount of power needed to achieve the desired result is rather large. I ran out of steam with a 500watt amp, but a Kilowatt worked rather well.

HOW MUCH POWER? :D

I could have been cruel and dropped on my 3kw Full Fat Frogs anplifiers on them, but I think the drivers would be exiting the cabinet. 

• Haha 3

Dealer

Quality not quantity !

ATASTTB

4 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

Quality not quantity !

Both.

But I'm greedy.

• Haha 2

Full fat audio stuff is made for Funktion one and is part of my work collection.

I suspect most home hifi amps aren't going to be driving large line arrays and 16 triple 15 subs for two thousand people.