Craig

Locations in SE Devon / Dorset and N Cornwall

Hi all

Packing my (lovely & compact M43) kit down for our family hol to Devon & Cornwall on Monday.

As we’ll have the two terrorists in tow, daytime will mainly be snaps rather than shots, if you know what I mean.

However, assuming I can drag my arse out of bed I was thinking there must be some a wonderful sunrise / sunset shots to be had

We’re staying the first week around 10 miles inland from Branscombe / Beer, second week close to Tintagel.

Any Wam personal favorites / top tips around here ?

Super Wammer

Salcombe in Devon is beautiful, a very picturesque estuary, obviously where you are staying, in Devon, is right in the heart of the Jurassic coast, so lots of spectacular cliffs, but alot of the beaches in that area are pebble. The North coast of Cornwall is my home, so I know it better. You should get wonderful sunsets at any of the coastline resorts from Bude to Newquay. Sunrise should be good across Bodmin moor, Roughtor and Brown Willy are the highest peaks.

• Like 2

Hartland Quay at sunset is magic if you are near there (north Cornwall/south Devon)

14361122185_ff8417c4ea_o.jpg

Hartland Quay by Tillman Kleinhans  ARPS EFIAP/s  DPAGB BPE4*, on Flickr

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies, chaps

We're currently stationed at Crackington Haven, which is bloody bloody lovely.

A few ropey phone edits below. I don't suppose any of them are particularly original but I haven't the time time to really wander; sunset = family dinner time

35001ba5f1c79aa1f24b94758cb1edaa.jpg

0151609f8804338be56270720f94c31b.jpg

38e6a8dfd581ec40a08b1f8a57bd8268.jpg

Will be trying to get up to Bodmin at sunrise tomorrow, and a few sunsets hereon the north Cornwall coast before the shitty weather arrives in a few days

• Like 4

Super Wammer
On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 16:03, Craig said:

@ greybeard : what are my odds of catching some coastline sunrise here on the north coast? I have TPE but extremely ropey 4G

Sorry only just seen this, normally sunsets on this coast.

Hi Greybeard. No worries.

Ventured to the coast for some mornibg mist / sun rays from the east but little luck and a lot of odd light that I didn't know quite what to do with

Sunset at Crackington was utterly gorgeous though

Super Wammer

Awesome photos Craig 👍🏻

• Like 1

Can you manage to make a stop on Dartmoor on your way down, or when you travel across from Dorset to north Cornwall?