Amormusic

Well that’s a bit s**t!!! Epipen warning!!!

Posted (edited)

Mrs got a call today from her Doc’s saying she has to urgently contact the pharmacist... she was very perplexed...

...turns out that her Epipen is on a recall as they are failing to discharge and the needle does not come out. The pharmacist was unable to give batch numbers or any info and gave me some random website, which upon looking has zero info... As this is a single use potentially lifesaving device id’ve thought they would be more helpful and proactive about what to do!!

The Mrs is basically allergic to summer all bugs result in massive reactions. Thankfully she rarely gets bitten or stung, however this brand of epipen has been defective since Jan 18 apparently and no one has contacted us!!!!

Some people must have died for them to start making contact with people. 

So if you know anyone with an Epipen branded ‘Emerade’ - tell them to get onto their doctor asap!!

Edited by rabski

In view of the potentially important content and info here, I hope you don't mind Pete, but I've edited out the language and moved this to the Public Bar.

Might be very beneficial to someone...

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, rabski said:

In view of the potentially important content and info here, I hope you don't mind Pete, but I've edited out the language and moved this to the Public Bar.

Might be very beneficial to someone...

That’s fine Rabski. I put it in the car park as I was/am very miffed about it hence my colourful vocab!

Thanks for editing and moving if it will get more views in here as this is potentially lifesaving for someone!!

We’ve asked the doc for another prescription, however cannot collect it until Mon as by time it was written the docs was closed. I’m sure it will be fine, but now am extra worried just in case she gets stung etc. over this weekend. 

6 minutes ago, Ears said:

Thank you sir!!! 

I’d not seen this and had zero info. This has alleviated my concern somewhat...

Pharmacist info/advice was absolute poo tbh. Massively disappointed in them.  

18 minutes ago, Amormusic said:

Thank you sir!!! 

I’d not seen this and had zero info. This has alleviated my concern somewhat...

Pharmacist info/advice was absolute poo tbh. Massively disappointed in them.  

Thinking about it... if it’s 2 in 1000 why are they proactively contacting people and providing zero info or background or info...

That’s utterly crap and fear inducing... For me, I s**t my pants (edited for you Rabski. Lol!!!) as my Mrs has extremely severe reactions and is on the top dose (500), so when it happens, it really happens....To the point I’ve done and been qualified as a 1st aider for past few years so if it hits the fan I can at least try my best. 

My sumup is that is severely crap contact and service by nhs distributors!

(not NHS - i owe my youngest sons life to them, so I am forever in debt to them - heroes!!)

But why scare people with crap info. And also, what about the 2 people in 1,000? If it’s been known since Jan 2018 and only now knowledge, that’s crap too..

The 2/1000 - If that was my Mrs she’d prob be dead!!!

Edited by Amormusic