gasolin

Dvdplayer for music is that recommendable on a low budget ?

it's so slow im :wall: every time i use it and some funtions don't work, i have in the past tried upgrading the buggy software, it's just buggy enough for it not to want to upgrade the software.

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Right, so back to my original point, you're asking about buying a cheap DVD player which I think you may find is slow and potentially noisy...

I thought of it as a cheaper way of getting a new cd player, if i buy a dvd player compared to a new cdplayer which could  be £130 for something like a Cambridge audio Topaz AM5, if i don't like the sound i could always find a used dac and pay no more than £1200 total (£130 would only get me the cheapest from a well known brand like cambridge audio if i want a new cdplayer)

4 minutes ago, gasolin said:

I thought of it as a cheaper way of getting a new cd player, if i buy a dvd player compared to a new cdplayer which could  be £130 for something like a Cambridge audio Topaz AM5, if i don't like the sound i could always find a used dac and pay no more than £1200 total (£130 would only get me the cheapest from a well known brand like cambridge audio if i want a new cdplayer)

You already have one you don't want to use. Personally I therefore think that buying a CD player is far more likely to give you what you actually seem to be after. If you do decide to buy a DAC then £100 would probably be enough and £200 would buy you a good performing brand new DAC. Spending £1000 on a DAC to use with you're current speakers would be getting priorities totally the wrong way round IMHO.

I can get a used cambridge dacmagic for less than 90 euros (as mentioned the 5 star what hifi dac with no volume knob)

I don't what to use it since it's slow, slightly buggy and feel stupid having to use a remote control to change song when the unit is within arm length

It doesn't have to be a dvd or bluray player, what it has to be is something that can play cd's and have an optical or coaxial out, in case the sound sucks

Super Wammer
59 minutes ago, gasolin said:

I can get a used cambridge dacmagic for less than 90 euros (as mentioned the 5 star what hifi dac with no volume knob)

I don't what to use it since it's slow, slightly buggy and feel stupid having to use a remote control to change song when the unit is within arm length

It doesn't have to be a dvd or bluray player, what it has to be is something that can play cd's and have an optical or coaxial out, in case the sound sucks

That is not an incase, its a stone cold certainty if you go for one of the lower end Cambridge Topaz CD players. I bought a Topaz cd10, 3 years ago and it sounded disgusting, so much so I got shot of it after a week. It was easily beaten on SQ by a 90s Cambridge CD500SE a friend lent me.

I have a Sony CDP-791 (X111ES) sitting here doing nothing I'd be happy to ship out to you if your interested. It has fixed and variable analog + optical outputs, and is a superb sounding unit. 

Screenshot_20190712-191802.png

• Like 1

Not saying im gonna buy a Cambridge audio Topaz but it's one of the cheapest new on sale with a good discount cdplayer from a well know brand. 

I have made a bid on the arcam dv79 and have to wait almost 4 day to know if i got it, it's in silver and match my amp 

s-l500.jpg

DSC_0639.jpg

daaam suddenly the price on the arcam dv79 gos up, atm £50

Update it's at £71

Edited by gasolin

Find yourself a secondhand Cambridge Audio Azur 540D. Not only a fine DVD player but a ridiculously good CD player, too.