Tim F

Classifieds - I would buy this if....

They do my nut in...because you know, even if they did have the money (which they probably do) and they havent just bought XYZ (and if they have they have enough capital to buy this), they wouldn't anyway.

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

They do no harm, and the sellers probably appreciate the bump to their threads.

But at the same time it pushes all the other ads further down the list.

• Upvote 1

They do no harm, and the sellers probably appreciate the bump to their threads.
I agree with this. I find endorsements from other members useful.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

what I find more irritating is the " buy this or I'll have to buy it for my fifth system in the summerhouse".........................

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, mr neds said:

what I find more irritating is the " buy this or I'll have to buy it for my fifth system in the summerhouse".........................

...or one of my 'holiday' homes or other houses...

• Haha 1

I agree with this thread but unfortunately I am not in a position to pay and have just replied to a better thread elsewhere.

Have a bump on me.

Sent from my Summer Palace in Vienna.......well a shed in Reading

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Tim F said:

So many posts about I would buy this if 

A) I had the money

B) If I hadn't just bought xyz

How do you feel about these posts?

Well I am in agreement with much of the thoughts of them being fairly useless but thinking positively I came to the following conclusions

A) if I had the money ............ well you don't so stop moaning about it making a post nobody wants to read.

B) If I hadn't just bought xyz .......... well ya did - but I might be interested as to what you wasted your money on and what makes you think you wish you hadn't.  

It also made me think that the Wam could make another sub forum (like DIY) for Cables - that way only those interested in cables could seek it out and avoid the unbelievers not able to contain themselves to point out stuff like scientifically prove it etc.  

What amuses me the most is I am on the facebook forum for the Audiophile Man - and am amazed how much he censors in postings (I know cos he cut out a load of mine on some cable posting) - the problem with that is that you do not get an alternative view point (even if you disagree with it).  I am a great believer in free speech so I guess the answer in here is to try not to read those types of post that do not interest you perhaps?

• Like 1

PM sent :rofl:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

I've just remembered that what bugs me far more is people posting to say they've sent a PM.

No, don’t agree with this. I think this message does more than just alert the seller that they should be expecting a PM. It also alerts others that an offer is probably about to be made and that they had better get in quick if they want their own to be considered. Alternatively, depending on your take on the etiquette (and, let’s face it, sometimes the person posting) it means take a step back, they have requested first dibs on buying.

Just now, lostwin said:

No, don’t agree with this. I think this message does more than just alert the seller that they should be expecting a PM. It also alerts others that an offer is probably about to be made and that they had better get in quick if they want their own to be considered.

Which would be potentially counterproductive from the point of view of the poster. As is bumping the thread by posting.

Just now, lostwin said:

Alternatively, depending on your take on the etiquette (and, let’s face it, sometimes the person posting) it means take a step back, they have requested first dibs on buying.

Which is unecessary since the seller will know what was sent when anyway.