Dvddvd

How much snake oil can one buy?

Super Wammer
On 12/07/2019 at 17:55, Dvddvd said:

Who actually is Russ Andrews is he a person or just a brand name?

He’s real all right...https://www.russandrews.com/history/

I've spoken with the fella selling the gear and organised a coach trip for a demo. Selling tickets at £500 a pop, room for 40 plus driver.

Form an orderly queue Gentlemen, you can't slag 'summit orf' until you've heard the awful amazing sound it really makes.

Takers anyone?

And don't be scared off, I'm not driving...

:sos:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, parcelmonkey said:

I've spoken with the fella selling the gear and organised a coach trip for a demo. Selling tickets at £500 a pop, room for 40 plus driver.

Form an orderly queue Gentlemen, you can't slag 'summit orf' until you've heard the awful amazing sound it really makes.

Takers anyone?

And don't be scared off, I'm not driving...

:sos:

In true ticket tout tradition, I plan to buy all 40 tickets, cryogenically treat them, then sell them for a modest administrative markup of 1000% :pop:

Edited by Tony_J
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Tony_J said:

In true ticket tout tradition, I plan to buy all 40 tickets, cryogenically treat them, then sell them for a modest administrative markup of 1000% :pop:

I'm up for that!

PPG preferred please... otherwise cash but you'll need to collect from Kent

30FF28EC00000578-3437590-image-a-13_1454

1 hour ago, parcelmonkey said:

I'm up for that!

PPG preferred please... otherwise cash but you'll need to collect from Kent

30FF28EC00000578-3437590-image-a-13_1454

You may have to be patient while the ink on my newly "minted" notes dries...:whistle:

If you really want to see some real, first class, quality snake oil then search ebay for 'ansuz'. Now, I like a bit of foo from time to time, but £18,500 for some RCA interconnects and, wait for it, £700 for a single cable lifter?. Apparently my hifi will just get better and better the more of these I add. Sadly though, not a carpet gripper in sight.

4 hours ago, simon g said:

If you really want to see some real, first class, quality snake oil then search ebay for 'ansuz'. Now, I like a bit of foo from time to time, but £18,500 for some RCA interconnects and, wait for it, £700 for a single cable lifter?. Apparently my hifi will just get better and better the more of these I add. Sadly though, not a carpet gripper in sight.

I did try to look at the manufacturer/distributor's website for the £800 cable lifter, but my anti-virus software blocked it. And I'm not joking.

Tells me all I need to know.

• Haha 1

Ansuz Darkz Cable lifters
What most people fail to realize, is often that, what might be heard as room resonances, is actually vibrations
picked up by cables.

What people often, fail, to realise is, that what look, like commas may, just be dirty marks on your, screen.

• Haha 2

Looks like he fell for Russ's bollocks all the way, and ordered the whole catalogue. Think I've got £30 of tables in my system in total. 

On 15/07/2019 at 22:05, kernow said:

Looks like he fell for Russ's bollocks all the way, and ordered the whole catalogue. Think I've got £30 of tables in my system in total. 

Ikea? 😀