Sgt Pepper

Apollo 11, 50 years ago

Indeed. The program was bigger than just vB and his rocket men. Also exgensive use in military intelligence around tbe world, vast wealth melding into legitimacy on Wall Street, eventual appointments in the corporate world. Meanwhile vast areas in south America where research continued in secret. Also allegedly the Germans secretly maintained thier own command structure they had during the war. The FBI tried to warn. Alleged sabotage of early rockets works, aiding of their Russian system counterparts in order to save them from being harmed. Very murky ! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mondie said:

Yes sure we are, the tango rapist lacks the visionary leadership, conviction or influence to ever deliver on that. Just like so many of the other commitments he makes. You cant fly to the moon by posting illiterate shite on Twitter, any more than you can manage a nation. Grade A Bellend supported by the dim or those who figure they can be enrichened by doing so.

You do realize that unfortunately you are suffering from TDS don't you ?

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/19/politics/trump-derangement-syndrome/index.html

5 hours ago, Electro said:

You do realize that unfortunately you are suffering from TDS don't you ?

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/19/politics/trump-derangement-syndrome/index.html

Dunno, but this is starting to show all qualities of a huge scandal, involving the rich, the famous and their politicians. Look at the mounting case Electro.

This is the Miami Herald article from last November, which started it all again. It explained how a rich and powerful hedge fund manager got away with a very lenient sentence for abusing tens or hundreds of young girls, many of them teenagers and some as young as 13 or 14 years old.

Last weekend, Jeffrey Epstein was arrested and the news cycle started spinning big time. New charges of sex trafficking were filed this week and he is looking at 45 years to life in prison. The potential fallout however is huge given his vast network of rich and powerful friends, which includes the Tango Rapist, Donald Trump, Bill Clinton, Alexander Acosta, Alan Dershovitz, Woody Allen, Prince Andrew of the UK, Kenneth Starr, Lawrence Summers, Tom Barrack and Bill Barr. Some juicy stories making their rounds, obviously strongly denied by the accused: allegations against Trump of raping a 13-year old girl, similar accusations against Dershowitz and Epstein himself. While some of those allegations may be fishy (maybe not?), there are better researched and validated accounts of Epstein/Trump comradery, like a party with 28 young girls and only two male guests (Epstein and Trump). A summary of confirmed and unconfirmed Epstein/Trump stories here.

The fallout is just starting, today Trump's Labour secretary Alexander Acosta resigned because of his role in the fishy 2008 deal which kept Epstein out of prison. Only hours ago, NY investigators have said that Epstein has been recently paying large amounts of money to persons identified as possible co-conspirators, accusing him of witness tampering. And then, there is this New York Magazine story speculating that Epstein never was a hedge fund manager, but ran a clever sex trafficking ring for the rich and famous, blackmailing them to invest large amounts of money in his so-called hedge fund allowing him to charge large fees on those investments.

I am sure this is only the beginning of a huge scandal, which has the potential to shake up parts of the US establishment. Once the first bird starts singing, it will all come undone.

How does this relate to Trump, other than his new Secretary of Labour was in the Florida legal team at the time ?

TDS again I think.

On the Epstein thing, I'd say three things

1) Of those who are alleged to have been indulgers in what Epstein offered, they tended to be of the other side in politics or business/celebs nothing to do with Trump.

2) Trump himself has very very weak ties to anything of Epstein's sordid world

3) The background to Epstein and his money is very murky and it may be that the island was an operation to build control files. Depepending on who was behind this, if true, could explain; why sofew have been indicted so far, why Epstein got off so lightly, why we may never know the full truth.

In the meantime until we know better its all speculation, including the fuel-by-TDS wishing, oh so wishing, he was involved.

• Upvote 1

No idea where I was - school hols so probably at West Wittering with my aunty. I only vaguely remember the space faff - don't remember being in awe of it.

The words "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" bring to mind images of Donald Trump on the rim of the Grand Canyon.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tune said:

No idea where I was - school hols so probably at West Wittering with my aunty. I only vaguely remember the space faff - don't remember being in awe of it.

The words "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" bring to mind images of Donald Trump on the rim of the Grand Canyon.

Honestly I really feel genuine sympathy for you !

If I was with you now I would give you a big hug .

Edited by Electro

6 hours ago, Electro said:

Honestly I really feel genuine sympathy for you !

If I was with you now I would give you a big hug .

You're having an off day! Way below par.

What's up? Feeling low?

People can help.

13 hours ago, Tune said:

You're having an off day! Way below par.

What's up? Feeling low?

People can help.

You don't have to accept my offer if you don't want to .

I still feel for you regardless .

Posted (edited)

Can you contribute anything to the forum other than personal, if childish and ineffective,  jibes when you lose arguments?

Edited by Tune

Fantastic programme, edge of seat stuff. Not much was made of it, but connecting up the landing module and the command module seemed to me to be one hell of a feat.