Recommended Posts

Sorry for cheeky plug but I sell lots of these isolation/levelling plinths to LP12 owners and have received lots of positive responses...

eBay item:  223677436265


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
2 hours ago, Bignose5 said:

More shit.

Have you heard it?  Would like to read your review and comparison of with / without / other products.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29 September 2019 at 22:36, sunbeamgls said:

Have you heard it?  Would like to read your review and comparison of with / without / other products.

Thanks

No and have no wish to .

This is one of the reasons why Linn  killed off there forum and sent it over to this place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
42 minutes ago, Bignose5 said:

No and have no wish to .

This is one of the reasons why Linn  killed off there forum and sent it over to this place.

Oh, in that case there is no need to criticise something of which you have no experience.  You could've put it differently.

Interesting that you're happy to try a metal plinth but are averse to an isolation design you've never heard.

Will treat your posts with caution, as I hope will others.

Edited by sunbeamgls
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/09/2019 at 11:44, Bignose5 said:

More shit.

You are Munch and I claim my £5.00 !!!

How’s macca these days, haven’t seen him round these parts recently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1 October 2019 at 20:18, sunbeamgls said:

Oh, in that case there is no need to criticise something of which you have no experience.  You could've put it differently.

Interesting that you're happy to try a metal plinth but are averse to an isolation design you've never heard.

Will treat your posts with caution, as I hope will others.

I'll treat yours with caution after reading your long laborious post about slinging loads of money at a pair of old naim SBLs to turn them naim active then Exakt active.:notworthy:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/09/2019 at 19:44, Bignose5 said:

More shit.

On 01/10/2019 at 21:35, Music At Home said:

You are Munch and I claim my £5.00 !!!

How’s macca these days, haven’t seen him round these parts recently?

Don't know about Munch. My money's on Mudcrutch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One and the same. Munch pre-dates mudcrutch and is his moniker from the old Naim forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Music At Home said:

One and the same. Munch pre-dates mudcrutch and is his moniker from the old Naim forum

Aah. Thank you. I didn't read the Naim forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
2 hours ago, Bignose5 said:

I'll treat yours with caution after reading your long laborious post about slinging loads of money at a pair of old naim SBLs to turn them naim active then Exakt active.:notworthy:

Hmm. Wasn't my post, but don't let facts get in the way of well formed opinions.

Edited by sunbeamgls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bignose5 said:

This is Munch & Mudcrutch.

Looks nothing like me or Berlin Fritz Init.

Yep, I remember that photo. Hello Munch!

I’m fairly certain though that you and Berlin Fritz were not the same person

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sunbeamgls said:

Hmm. Wasn't my post, but don't let facts get in the way of well formed opinions.

Bollocks so this isn't You then ?

 by sunbeamgls » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:16 pm

I've just been working with Clive G on creating Exakt filters for his Naim SBLs. Here's Clive's report on the project (for full disclosure I'm the Neil referred to from SpeakerFilters). I hope this is of interest to Kabin okkupants:

At the beginning of the year, having been running a pair of SBLs with a pair of 250s sort of bi amped (one for left channel only & one for right - just because I had 2 x 250s & hadn't got round to swapping them for a pair of 135s) I decided that it was time to do the proper thing & go active. 

So SNAXO & Supercap added and this gave a significant improvement in detail, soundstage, PRaT & all the things that SBLs are famous for... But I was still left with the feeling that they are a bit forward & a bit bass light. In fact a non audiophile friend described them as "a bit shouty". And yes - I'd done all the set up things, as close to a solid brick wall as the skirting board would allow, re-sealed the bass loading box etc.

Then a couple of months ago I was at Brian & Trevor's in Manchester for a musical evening listening to a Linn/Kudos Exakt active system thinking this system sounds amazing (although I would have liked to hear it with Naim power amps) but the transparency that the Exakt technology brought, which performs the crossover in the digital domain, was breath-taking. In the interval I remarking to one of the other attendees how great Exakt was & that I wished it was available for SBLs! And he said "I write Exakt filters for speakers that Linn doesn't support" OMG!! That person was Neil Hallworth of speakerfilters.com

So we embarked on the Exakt SBLs project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

Well yes, you should've said you were referring to a different forum rather than expecting everyone to guess.

There is a thread on this form, which I didn't write.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.