The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

paularcher

Emailing photographs

Super Wammer

As per title, I need advice about the best way of emailing digital photos. I have emailed the occasional photo before by attaching them. However as I'm likely to need to email a large number of photos to various people in the near future, and also might need to send some to the local press for publication I think I probably need something a little more professional. The photos will be high resolution, full frame jpegs. My photos are on a Mac.My main email account is hotmail but I also have Mac's icloud.

Any help much appreciated

Get yourself a free storage account (e.g., Dropbox), upload the photos to a folder, send the URL of the folder with the recipient.

I use We Transfer, it's free for up to 2Gb at a time.  You upload the files, and We transfer then invite the recipient(s) to download them within 7 days.

Super Wammer

Thanks for the suggestions so far.Dropbox looks like an easy way. I have had a quick look at WeTransfer it would seem they have had-/are having issues when using Safari- it's not clear if they fixed it.

Any more suggestions?

7 hours ago, paularcher said:

Thanks for the suggestions so far.Dropbox looks like an easy way. I have had a quick look at WeTransfer it would seem they have had-/are having issues when using Safari- it's not clear if they fixed it.

Any more suggestions?

I'm using safari and have never had a problem yet.  Sent 354 photos last week in one go to multiple recipients.

Super Wammer
30 minutes ago, tkimages said:

I'm using safari and have never had a problem yet.  Sent 354 photos last week in one go to multiple recipients.

Thanks for that. Are you using the free version?

2 hours ago, paularcher said:

Thanks for that. Are you using the free version?

Yes, you can send up to 2Gb at a time with the free version.

Super Wammer

Well I've managed to make quite a horlicks of trying to share some selected photos. First I downloaded google drive and just couldn't work out how get photos into it. Nearly ended up downloading all of my photo library along with the application too! Managed to stop it tho. Then tried We Transfer but am not sure if that worked- I need to contact the recipent. Then went to Dropbox and had trouble with that too. It doesn't help that my Mac Mini is painfully slow- so its not clear straightaway if it is actioning anything. The only way I could get photos into dropbox was to swish a folder of photos from the library to my desktop and then drag and drop the folder into dropbox. Seemed to work. It's taken me most of this morning to get 50 photos into dropbox. I've had enough for now. 

If I try to upload a file from within dropbox there is no way of selecting photos individually. The drag and drop way is the only way can do it but it does seem a bit of a faff