Shakey_Studioincar

B&W 803 Diamond / Plinius / Musical Fidelity / Peachtree

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Evening all. 

To start the shift out of most of my kit, I'm letting these four go. 

B&W 803 Diamond - SOLD

48074997803_d38025f19a_z.jpg

48074995083_1b649f81a8_z.jpg

48074986123_77c81b6079_z.jpg

Brand new boxes from B&W - 

48074997428_2be4c197da_z.jpg

These are 8/10 at the moment, the only reason I say that is because the previous owner obviously let their kids run wild with food/hand prints. They're currently in the detail bay having a full machine polish and possible PPF protection, either way, they'll be sealed and tip top. I'd much prefer collection, however, the boxes are brand new and more than capable to be shipped. 

PLINIUS M8/P10 COMBO £3500

Bought these to upgrade my Hautonga, which they did, by far. As with the bowers above they just aren't getting used and I can't really see them being used in the next 2 years, so they're off.

Price is an absolute bargain compared to their new price, pretty sure one is still a current model. All have their respective boxes, billet remote, paperwork with matching S/N etc. Best amps I've had. Spotless condition.

48044548336_2eca256c79_z.jpg

48044547671_fa4666bd6b_z.jpg

48044580163_d5f0b7e496_z.jpg

48044548121_9273638c88_z.jpg

48044548366_0881d04ab6_z.jpg

Again, I'd much prefer not to ship, but all original boxes etc are present so it isn't out of the question.

Musical Fidelity M DAC mk2 £375

This is one of the newer version with asynchronous USB input. Brill DAC this, I've not had it long (6 months) and I spent £450, Take a look online for reviews etc but all the usual support, USB/COAX/SP-DIF etc. Balanced output also, this is how I used it.

Peachtree Audio Nova 300 £1250

Big little integrated with DAC, looks killer and 300w to drive anything, very well regarded piece of kit this, especially at its price point.

48074936381_002ca39bf3_z.jpg

No box but can still ship, I do have the remote etc.

I'm willing to do deals on multiples, I also have various cables I can chuck into deals, like Chord Co Epics, Balanced cables etc, I'll get round to listing more stuff individually if there are no multiples sold.

Hope you've all had a great weekend, do yourself a favour and by my stuff so I can blow it on drugs, strippers and fast cars.

Cheers,

Carl - Portsmouth/Southampton.

<3

Edited by Shakey_Studioincar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

beautiful !! does the corpse come with it :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

He’s married so no strippers, he vapes so no drugs, but as for fast cars, he has absolutely no idea.

What’s missing in this gentleman’s life is a proper Volvo. 125bhp of marital bliss with a radio that can make Brian Humphrys sound like Minnie Ripperton. 

Other than that, I can vouch this guy is properly sorted, and that Plinius kit is decent. 

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Carl,

How old are the Plinius combo, have they had any service work done, and how would you compare them to the Hautonga you had previously ?

cheers,

 Joolz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Joolz,

I don't know how old the Plinius pair are, and I wouldn't like to say they've had any work done, certainly not by me. I will have a look this evening if there are any tell tails on the boxes for dates etc and let you know.

Comparison wise, they have everything the Hautonga had but in a larger dose, more space, higher grip on whatever speaker you couple them with. I love the Plinius house sound and these pair are a definite step in the right direction, It's hard to explain really. What I find common with Plinius equipment is the way they just get hold of a speaker and make it sing to their tune, each speaker I use with them has responded fantastically. /fanboy

I hope that helps, you're more than welcome to come and experience them, although my living room is dire at the moment, a bare-walls-wooden-floor nightmare. Bring rugs.

Carl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man.....this is some kit you are selling. If I had 3.5K, I would have the Plinius off you in a crack. I've owned the Peachtree, the model below yours and can vouch for the sound quality.......lovely and non fatigueing. I had the B & W 804S and yours a big step up from them, so a complete bargain at the price, look the part too. Glws

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shakey_Studioincar said:

Hi Joolz,

I don't know how old the Plinius pair are, and I wouldn't like to say they've had any work done, certainly not by me. I will have a look this evening if there are any tell tails on the boxes for dates etc and let you know.

Comparison wise, they have everything the Hautonga had but in a larger dose, more space, higher grip on whatever speaker you couple them with. I love the Plinius house sound and these pair are a definite step in the right direction, It's hard to explain really. What I find common with Plinius equipment is the way they just get hold of a speaker and make it sing to their tune, each speaker I use with them has responded fantastically. /fanboy

I hope that helps, you're more than welcome to come and experience them, although my living room is dire at the moment, a bare-walls-wooden-floor nightmare. Bring rugs.

Carl.

Hi Carl,

Plinius will directly identify/age then via email from their serial numbers. (Think you might be a little over ambitious on the new RRP). Any phono stage fitted ?

cheers,

 Joolz

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I concur, the Plinius combo retailed at £6650 according What Hifi when tested - a great combo tho without a doubt and a great match for those 803s

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, joolz said:

Hi Carl,

Plinius will directly identify/age then via email from their serial numbers. (Think you might be a little over ambitious on the new RRP). Any phono stage fitted ?

cheers,

 Joolz

1 hour ago, loosend said:

Yes I concur, the Plinius combo retailed at £6650 according What Hifi when tested - a great combo tho without a doubt and a great match for those 803s

My apologies, I actually thought that price was per unit, I'm certainly not suggesting that's what they owe me. I'll amend that now.

No phono stage in this pre, maybe an addition to the amp from Plinius or one of their own Koru Phono stages.

Edit - Also, Joolz, I didn't get time to check them when I got home last night, I'll have a look this evening.

Carl.

Edited by Shakey_Studioincar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/06/2019 at 14:09, Mikeb said:

I'm interested in the Peachtree amp, is everything working as it should? If the amp is in full working order I would be willing to go to £1050 including UK postage. Thanks

PM'd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm around pretty much all the time should anyone want to inspect/listen to any of this kit.

 

Cheers,

 

Carl.

Edited by Shakey_Studioincar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

I want the Plinius amps. Well-reviewed, powerful and drop-dead gorgeous.

Unfortunately I don't need them and can't afford to buy them.

Just sayin'.:minikev:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.