plasticpenguin

Your (musical) Room 101

Super Wammer

Oasis , Mariah Carey , Smiths , Morrisey , Bruce Springsteen , Bob Dylan . If you wait a while I will have a few more . Not possible to list this by genre as while I dislike certain genres in the main I like artists that are defined as this genre (e.g Country Music , Lyle Lovett , Be Good Tanyas )

Why has nobody said Diana Krall yet?

Posted (edited)

Rap/Hip Hop/Crooners/Boy Bands/Grunge/AOR/X Factor/HiFi Show Music/Synchronised Hand-clapping would go into my Room 101.  Best not mention individual artists, such as Frank Sinatra, as it often upsets people. 

Edited by Nestor Turton
  • Like 1

Crooners - Michael Buble, Alexander Armstrong and the like. :sick::sick::sick:

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Anything that gets played on capitol radio, it's either whinny people with a sort of rhythmic grunting in the background or a bored person talking with a noise in the background. 

• Like 2

On 13/07/2019 at 13:17, parcelmonkey said:

Definitely plinky plonky Jazz... :sick:

This.

In fact, everything that purports to be Jazz in any way, shape or form (and that can't be classified as "trad" jazz - I'll allow that) should be summarily binned. Hopeless rubbish.

All the "urban" styles from (c)rap & flip-flop through to drill music, or whatever it's called.

And sorry to mention a specific artist, but another vote here for Dire Straits. :fek:Next time I attend a demo or hi-fi show and I hear Brothers in Arms being played I'm going to snap the bloody record in two. Grr.

(apologies to anyone offended. Feel free to have a go at some stuff I like!)