bohemian

Just won a prize!

Recommended Posts

I have won an album from the SouthBank Centre!

John Luther Adams’ "Canticles Of The Sky" in a new arrangement by Oliver Coates.  On vinyl.

Hmmmm. Have no turntable, so may be asking for help for someone to record it to flac for me. Or I'll bring it to Kegworth and at least hear it.

71IlkXEkdCL._SS500_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
48 minutes ago, bohemian said:

Have no turntable, so may be asking for help for someone to record it to flac for me. Or I'll bring it to Kegworth and at least hear it.

..or buy a new Turntable. Look on it as fate.  It could be the start of something really good, and very expensive :D.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no room on my rack for a tt. 😳 That's what happens with a top-loader cdp.

So I'm into saving money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
1 hour ago, bohemian said:

There is no room on my rack for a tt. 😳 That's what happens with a top-loader cdp.

So I'm into saving money. 

Wall shelf  :cool: 

(alternative spelling: wallet)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was a bit leery of opening the seal as it is a pressing that will not be repeated, but inside the sleeve was a code to download the album is several different formats. So I now have the flac version.

The vinyl is 45rpm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bohemian said:

Was a bit leery of opening the seal as it is a pressing that will not be repeated, but inside the sleeve was a code to download the album is several different formats. So I now have the flac version.

The vinyl is 45rpm!

That is great.  Sometimes the only digital option is mp3.  45 rpm is having a bit of a resurgence - I have some Elvis in 12 inch 45 rpm.  Now 2 LPs instead of one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.