Sign in to follow this  
radiant red

Speaker protection... covers

Having recently acquired Harbeth again, I’m keen to protect them from sunlight etc when not in use.. a quick troll on the web, I found this

http://www.speaker-covers.com/index.html

Anyone used them or have an alternative?

Cheers

1C41EF89-6484-47A3-B3CB-32C149801AD1.jpeg

1 hour ago, radiant red said:

No but I would certainly get some of those , choice of colours as well .

Yes, just seemed expensive at £175 for a premium pair.. I’ve found a company on the bay that make them to your dimensions from £20-£30 and I know that the anniversary models come with some so might be worth contacting Harbeth direct although not expecting them to be cheap

Super Wammer

My old Sonus fabers had nice covers as standard, similar to what you sometimes see on a grand piano. DC15E430-D7A9-4078-98B3-CE5F9CDC7ABE.thumb.jpeg.2263b38f1861a8fdf2b0768a98faf800.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Nopiano said:

My old Sonus fabers had nice covers as standard, similar to what you sometimes see on a grand piano. DC15E430-D7A9-4078-98B3-CE5F9CDC7ABE.thumb.jpeg.2263b38f1861a8fdf2b0768a98faf800.jpeg

Yup std issue with Sonus.. it’s a must on their piano finish variants ! Lovely finishes and need protecting 👍🏻

2 hours ago, radiant red said:

Having recently acquired Harbeth again, I’m keen to protect them from sunlight etc when not in use.. a quick troll on the web, I found this

http://www.speaker-covers.com/index.html

Cheers

1C41EF89-6484-47A3-B3CB-32C149801AD1.jpeg

Sensible idea. Maybe I'm in a different world, but that does seem a lot for what it is though.

44 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Yes, just seemed expensive at £175 for a premium pair.

Ah right , bit steep that .

1 minute ago, rabski said:

Sensible idea. Maybe I'm in a different world, but that does seem a lot for what it is though.

I’ve just written to Harbeth... there might be a cheeky pair going spare.. you never know lol

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't know where to look locally, but fabric isn't expensive and it's effectively a box without one end. I would imagine someone with a sewing machine could do that without too much hassle. SWMBO has one. Maybe I should learn!

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Jonathan I use the white cloth bags that the speakers came with , these may be unique to the anniversary range though...….. worth asking , depends if mr shaw is in a good mood …???

2 minutes ago, rabski said:

I wouldn't know where to look locally, but fabric isn't expensive and it's effectively a box without one end. I would imagine someone with a sewing machine could do that without too much hassle. SWMBO has one. Maybe I should learn!

My Mrs is a dab hand on the sew and she is measuring up as we speak!! Definitely a market for speakers, TT’s and valve amps!!

i think it was the prices I was looking at!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, deggie said:

Jonathan I use the white cloth bags that the speakers came with , these may be unique to the anniversary range though...….. worth asking , depends if mr shaw is in a good mood …???

Mine came with them too but really only for transit.. bit ugly tho. I’ve looked on their website and it says the 40th anniversary models come with covers! You should have some if they are 40’s

btw, I think I’ve started something... she is measuring the Sugden now lol

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Thee must be posher than I ...;-) ……..yep they are the ones with harbeth logo printed across them,

but make your own is a no brainer .

• Like 1

Had a very interesting conversation with Harbeth today and they don’t do a cover other than the cotton wrap ones that come in the boxes.. they thought I meant grilles and were quite happy to send me FOC a new set! Lol.

having told them, they were very interested in a sample from my mrs! Watch this space for a finished pair!