Sign in to follow this  
Nopiano

Gato - direct sales

Super Wammer

I thought this news was too good to remain only on the owner’s club page.  These lovely designs from Denmark are now 40% cheaper. 

Earlier today on their Facebook feed...

“When developing hi-fi equipment, it is all about shortest possible signal path. Now we are introducing a super lean distribution model without the traditional distributors, local inventory and marketing - the shortest possible path from factory to the consumer. It means a significant lower level of the retail prices; the new and more efficient business model generates a saving of 40% that will benefit the consumers directly!

We welcome you to visit our dealers and partners around the world to experience our world of unbeatable award winning hi-fi products.

Read more in our latest newsletter here :
https://www.gato-audio.com/eu/news/gato-audio-goes-lean-and-cuts-40-of-the-pricing?___store=eu

43 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

I thought this news was too good to remain only on the owner’s club page.  These lovely designs from Denmark are now 40% cheaper.

I suspect it's a model which will become increasingly common as margins get squeezed.

Probably a very effective way to piss off existing owners though, who have just watched the same percentage wiped off the s/h value of their Gato kit.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
43 minutes ago, notevenclose said:

I suspect it's a model which will become increasingly common as margins get squeezed.

Probably a very effective way to piss off existing owners though, who have just watched the same percentage wiped off the s/h value of their Gato kit.

There are certainly some other brands I’d gladly get 40% discount on, and had this been available a couple of years ago I might have chosen a Gato amp instead of my Primare.  

Gato have admirably said they’ll refund existing owners who contact them, though I’ve not seen to what extent they’ll be compensated. 

48 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

Gato have admirably said they’ll refund existing owners who contact them, though I’ve not seen to what extent they’ll be compensated. 

Sounds like they're doing the right thing by existing customers – common sense really since they've already bought into the brand, but fair play to them.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Problem is sometimes the only way to change kit is to part ex it and this avenue is now blocked

Super Wammer

Would also say that while the website is very plush with pretty pictures but it is very short on details and specifications . I put the link on the site to a 4000 EUR unit and if the full deatials and specifications are hidden somewhere please can you let me know .

https://www.gato-audio.com/eu/dia-400s-npm.html

Super Wammer
11 hours ago, hifinutt said:

Problem is sometimes the only way to change kit is to part ex it and this avenue is now blocked

No it's not. You may be misinterpreting the initial quote or being swayed by the thread title but this extract from the linked new release clarifies:

"From now on; there are two ways of buying Gato Audio products:

1. Through one of our passionate dealers: Here you get the benefits of local service, demonstration and support. To find a dealer near you, click here

2. Direct on our website: Here you get free worldwide shipping, two weeks of home trial and online service and support."

So Elite, for example, will still be a dealer/retailer as far as I know (and in this case they're effectively a distributor as well as it's a direct relationship: ditto Audia Flight and no doubt others). I think Keith at Purité likewise buys direct from the manufacturer. What Gato are ding is cutting out is the middle man distributors, the folk who typically sit beween the manufacturer and the retailer/dealer (in other sectors with higher volumes, the distributor might be called a wholesaler) and enjoy a margin for doing so. There are many manufacturers who deal direct with the dealer anyway, but most of the larger volume and more mainstream ones use distributors, particularly where they are selling into overseas markets.

That could all be bolleaux, but I'm sure someone will corect me shortly if so!

• Like 1

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

@bencat

utput power

2x 400 W / 8 Ω - 2x 800 W / 4 Ω
Frequency response 20 Hz-20 kHz - 0.5 dB, and 2 Hz-70 kHz - 3 dB
Total Harmonic Distortion < 0,01% at rated power
Signal to noise ratio > 110 dB
Line out maximum level 13V balanced, 6,5V unbalanced
Total Harmonic Distortion < 0,001% pre out
Input impedance 20 kO RCA or 40 kO Balanced
Line output impedance 75 O
Voltage gain 26 dB (+10 db headroom)
Recommended speaker load 4 -16 O

Connectors

Balanced analogue inputs 1 pair gold plated XLR Neutrik
Unbalanced analogue inputs 2 pairs of gold plated RCA Stereo
Digital inputs 1 pc USB type B, 1 pc Toslink, 1 pc RCA, 1 pc Ethernet, 1 pc WiFi, 1 pc aptX HD Bluetooth 4.2
Balanced analogue outputs 1 pair gold plated XLR Neutrik
Unbalanced analogue outputs 1 pair of gold plated RCA Stereo
Speaker output 2 pairs of gold plated safety banana
Trigger, 12 V 1 pc mini jack

Size and Weight

Power Requirements 115 VAC/230 VAC, 50 Hz/60 Hz, 1600W max
Power consumption stdb/idle/max < 1W/35W/1600W
Dimensions (WxHxD) 325 x 105 x 420 mm / 12.8 x 4.1 x 16.5"
Weight 11 kg / 22 lb
Edited by greybeard

I still can't find the new prices :dunno:

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bazzer said:

I still can't find the new prices :dunno:

Are these not the new prices, Barry?  https://www.gato-audio.com/us/electronics.html

When you add to your cart, an old price appears but crossed out. 

Edited by Nopiano

46 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

When you add to your cart, an old price appears but crossed out.

Ah right ok cheers Nick :^

Great post, I have been recommended their CD player, there are two models available the white faced dial model and the black faced anniversary model, does any one know if the there is a difference in price / specification or is is just cosmetic?

Super Wammer
3 hours ago, TheFlash said:

No it's not. You may be misinterpreting the initial quote or being swayed by the thread title but this extract from the linked new release clarifies:

"From now on; there are two ways of buying Gato Audio products:

1. Through one of our passionate dealers: Here you get the benefits of local service, demonstration and support. To find a dealer near you, click here

2. Direct on our website: Here you get free worldwide shipping, two weeks of home trial and online service and support."

So Elite, for example, will still be a dealer/retailer as far as I know (and in this case they're effectively a distributor as well as it's a direct relationship: ditto Audia Flight and no doubt others). I think Keith at Purité likewise buys direct from the manufacturer. What Gato are ding is cutting out is the middle man distributors, the folk who typically sit beween the manufacturer and the retailer/dealer (in other sectors with higher volumes, the distributor might be called a wholesaler) and enjoy a margin for doing so. There are many manufacturers who deal direct with the dealer anyway, but most of the larger volume and more mainstream ones use distributors, particularly where they are selling into overseas markets.

That could all be bolleaux, but I'm sure someone will corect me shortly if so!

Thanks for that , good to know

• Like 1

5 hours ago, greygoose said:

Great post, I have been recommended their CD player, there are two models available the white faced dial model and the black faced anniversary model, does any one know if the there is a difference in price / specification or is is just cosmetic?

Doesn't it give you the info on their website ?

Ben cat's link shows the CDD1 AE (Anniversary model) no specs detailed , old price was 7,400 euro now down to 3995, euro on the new main GATO website.

A white faced CDD1 Demo model is listed currently by a UK Dealer at  £6240 pounds and reduces to £2990.

Either the specifications differ or the Indicated RRP Prices differ, maybe down to exchange rates / taxes? to be honest the specifications look the same, maybe paying more for the black dial display.