Turk 182

measurements - do they really matter that much ?

44 minutes ago, Tin said:

I'm not quite sure why you complained about me not taking you seriously.

That's because I didn't. 

• Haha 1

I'm so happy for you xD

Super Wammer
6 hours ago, tuga said:

I don't think so, but I am only measuring frequency response at the listening spot (and I don't do it unless I have to).

OK. That's not going to tell you very much about your system but I suppose it has some limited uses.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

OK. That's not going to tell you very much about your system but I suppose it has some limited uses.

Each measurement focuses on a specific parameter. A room response measurement focuses on room response. It's useful to get the best response at the listening seat by helping you find the best speaker and sweet-spot position.

Some electronics will affect bass response audibly and measuring may lead to a change in speaker positioning.

Super Wammer
53 minutes ago, tuga said:

Each measurement focuses on a specific parameter. A room response measurement focuses on room response. It's useful to get the best response at the listening seat by helping you find the best speaker and sweet-spot position.

Some electronics will affect bass response audibly and measuring may lead to a change in speaker positioning.

Yes, I understand that. I didn't say it was useless, I said it is of limited value. I was more intrigued by the times when you think something has changed about your system so you measure it to find out what has changed. An FR measurement is not going to pick up many things that could have changed.