Turk 182

audio desk systeme glass cd sound improver

12 minutes ago, Turk 182 said:

good advice !

but i'm quite happy to test at home and keep or return items depending on how i think they sound !

'Think' being very much the correct word there ;).

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, MartinC said:

'Think' being very much the correct word there ;).

i agree - my system, my cash so only my opinion matters !

Edited by Turk 182

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

You say you don't have a system...

i think you are taking this forum far to seriously !

i will ignore you from now on !

i only wanted that disc treated - hifi is on a long list of interests that wane from time to time.
(i have not had a system for 3 years !)

What????

Mods - ban him now! ;)

21 minutes ago, Beobloke said:

What????

Mods - ban him now! ;)

i am in the process of getting a new system !!!

10 hours ago, meninblack said:

LOL.  If you want to find out what is real and what is horseshit in the hi-fi world, go drinking with some industry insiders at the Munich show and get their opinion when they are drunk.  It will really open your eyes.

Go on spilla da beans......

I used to believe that ripped CDs sounded better than CDs played in a CD player because I used ExactRip and if the rip checksum did not tally with what was in the database then the particular track/part was re-ripped sometime taking up to 10 times to get a bit perfect copy. Any/all errors were reduced/gone must sound better.

But now, CD sounds better through a player than from a local NAS drive with Qobuz streaming coming third.

I even showed it yesterday at Jester7's pad when we compared a CD played from a Krell KSP20i/l with the digital data going through his Linn Akurate and the same track from Tidal. However, the Krell KPS is one fine CD player and the Tidal stream has travelled 100s of miles down lots of cables. of course, it is only 0s and 1s so they must have been the same and we were in the strong grip of groupthink.

Don't believe me? Come to Jester7s bake-off on Saturday and you can hear it for yourself.

J7 is also doing a digital cable comparison as a single blind test as well. I thought I was brave but he beats me by a mile, digital cables making a difference????    

I was planning to go to that, but I have to go and see my mum, so can't make it.  I don't hear much difference with transports in my system, but the Victor DAC basically re-builds the digital signal in the K2 processor before passing it in cleaned-up form to the DAC section and this does tend to level the playing field.

11 minutes ago, meninblack said:

I was planning to go to that, but I have to go and see my mum, so can't make it. 

Sorry. I thought you said you could not come to the bake-off as you had a note from your mum excusing you. ;)

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, rabski said:

What therefore is so different about the way that information is transferred from one point to another in a purely digital format that can only have these small effects on audio?

One word - timing. Digital music is just 1s and 0s, but its the timing of the 1s and 0s as presented to the downstream audio system in realtime e.g. a DAC, that can make a difference. That's why digital audio cables can make a difference to the sound, the square waveform gets distorted and hence so does the timing of when the 1s and 0s are detected.

16 hours ago, Turk 182 said:

hi

i only wanted that disc treated - hifi is on a long list of interests that wane from time to time.

(i have not had a system for 3 years !)

here is the album in question.

Image result for xanopticon liminal space

I would not have bothered, think you will need far more than that to improve it. I can see why you got rid of the hifi.

21 minutes ago, BeeRay said:

I would not have bothered, think you will need far more than that to improve it. I can see why you got rid of the hifi.

greatest flashcore album ever made i'll have you know !