Turk 182

audio desk systeme glass cd sound improver

15 minutes ago, BeeRay said:

No. Russ Andrews, I would never buy anything from them.

i'm afraid you couldn't any way...he has sold out of stock !

(the belts and cutting blade wear out over time and need replacing so best to get your cd's cut for free like i did !)

16 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I do hope this thread is a wind up. Buying one of these would be a total waste of anyone's money, with the added bonuses of wasting time on every CD 'treated', whilst potentially shortening the long term life of the disc in the process.

:wall:

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/audio-visual/av-accessories/audio-desk-systeme-cd-improver-678516/review

11 minutes ago, Turk 182 said:

i'm afraid you couldn't any way...he has sold out of stock !

(the belts and cutting blade wear out over time and need replacing so best to get your cd's cut for free like i did !)

Where did you get that done?

2 minutes ago, BeeRay said:

Where did you get that done?

a gent called peter hockett - although i may be mistaken as it was some years ago so i may of got his name wrong !

he offered this service for about £1 per disc but allowed a single disk to be treated for free for you to test if you covered the return postage at the time.

not sure whether he still does this service but i'm sure russ andrews may allow a similar "test"...if you had an account / bought from him that is !

25 minutes ago, Turk 182 said:

Now show me any measurement of an improvement to the output signal from a CD player or DAC as a result of the device being used, or a properly conducted blind listening test of people being able to tell any difference.

Placebo effects are very real and the 'logic' behind it making any difference is flawed.

Don't waste your time thinking about buying one, let alone actually doing so.

10 minutes ago, Turk 182 said:

a gent called peter hockett - although i may be mistaken as it was some years ago so i may of got his name wrong !

he offered this service for about £1 per disc but allowed a single disk to be treated for free for you to test if you covered the return postage at the time.

not sure whether he still does this service but i'm sure russ andrews may allow a similar "test"...if you had an account / bought from him that is !

You got the name right. So you only had 1 cd treated? Why not all of them if it is so good?  I suppose he is trying to recoup some of his money. He was doing 3 cd free but return postage is £2, so still about £1 each cd. 

£975 from RA, must be 'aving a larf!!

Out of stock anyway

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Turk 182 said:

ok i'm expecting some stick with this thread but here goes...

this device cuts a bevel on the outer edge of a cd which then needs to be coated with a supplied black marker pen.

the result of this process is that the cd becomes perfectly concentric hence it no longer wobbles when being played.

The answer is to rip to CD (if you want to spin a disc) - noted fact by many that the newly burned copy sounds better than the original.   I thought they sounded better but if you really apply your brain you realise it is no real step change to quality (not enough of an improvement if any to be bothered).  Also of course as we found out most CDRs or RWs have a limited life span (some ridiculously short) so just rip them to a pc or music server and playback from there.

We had all this crap about green pens and sticky plastic discs to stick to the top of cds way back when and it all died a death.  IMO save your money and add it to the update fund to replace kit later on when you get tired of what you have.

Edited by uzzy
spelling
  • Upvote 1

I just put an LP on a lathe to see if it works for vinyl and I can confirm it does! The crackly bits at the beginning are completely gone!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, MartinC said:

Now show me any measurement of an improvement to the output signal from a CD player or DAC as a result of the device being used, or a properly conducted blind listening test of people being able to tell any difference.

Placebo effects are very real and the 'logic' behind it making any difference is flawed.

Don't waste your time thinking about buying one, let alone actually doing so.

i cant !

but maybe it makes a difference to something that, currently, can not be measured ?

check what this guy has to say at the 8 min mark.

different cables causing different sounds despite it not being able to be measured - maybe a similar thing happening with a trimmed cd ?

Just now, Turk 182 said:

but maybe it makes a difference to something that, currently, can not be measured ?

There is no such thing that is relevant.

Do you even own a CD player? I seem to remember you saying you didn't have a hifi at the moment...

And:

1 minute ago, Turk 182 said:

different cables causing different sounds despite it not being able to be measured

No, they don't.

3 hours ago, BeeRay said:

You got the name right. So you only had 1 cd treated? Why not all of them if it is so good?  I suppose he is trying to recoup some of his money. He was doing 3 cd free but return postage is £2, so still about £1 each cd. 

hi

i only wanted that disc treated - hifi is on a long list of interests that wane from time to time.

(i have not had a system for 3 years !)

here is the album in question.

Image result for xanopticon liminal space

3 hours ago, Turk 182 said:

different cables causing different sounds despite it not being able to be measured - maybe a similar thing happening with a trimmed cd ?

LOL.  If you want to find out what is real and what is horseshit in the hi-fi world, go drinking with some industry insiders at the Munich show and get their opinion when they are drunk.  It will really open your eyes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, meninblack said:

LOL.  If you want to find out what is real and what is horseshit in the hi-fi world, go drinking with some industry insiders at the Munich show and get their opinion when they are drunk.  It will really open your eyes.

good advice !

but i'm quite happy to test at home and keep or return items depending on how i think they sound !