manicatel

Graaf GM50b mk II for sale --Price Drop

Posted (edited)

Selling my lovely Graaf GM50 integrated amp. It is in excellent condition & comes with the original box & packing, remote control & a selection of valves.

Currently it is fitted with EH KT-90's. I also have 2 more singles as spares as well as 2 matched quad sets of Golden Lion KT-88's. All the valves have been used but are in good working order. These spare valves will last the buyer many many years!

This is the Mk II version of the amp. The differences are that it has a small digital display that shows input & volume levels, as opposed to the Mk1 which just had a rotary dial. The remote control  is also much better than the very basic & cheap looking thing that came with the Mk1. This one is far more befitting of an amp of this stature, it's a more bespoke, heavier unit that illuminates briefly in use. The sound quality compared to the MK1 is also I think 15-20% better. 

Yes, I had a Mk1 previous to this, so I can tell!

Personal collection MUCH preferred, (I'm in the Bishops Stortford Herts area). I may be able to deliver/meet up half way if its fairly local. As its a valve amp & blooming' heavy I will not trust this to any courier. However, the buyer can arrange a courier at their expense & responsibility as a last resort.

47985605561_0f93df2f48.jpgIMG_5670 by matt randall, on Flickr

47985557177_b779dcae89.jpgIMG_5668 by matt randall, on Flickr

More picture available on request.

Looking for offers near £1950.

Edited by manicatel

Having owned both of these amps I can attest that the mk ll is for me better, offering a different presentation... You can very much hear the audio analogue sound that's been dialed into this version...plenty of power on tap too... A great amp... Glwts

Posted (edited)

... And a fantastic looking beast too, especially the vial window showing the valves light up... The paint finish is incredible, completed by a little known car manufacturer also based in Modena! 

Edited by 2010*zuma

Posted (edited)

Owned the MK1 version for several years and it had a very natural sound. Used it with both Dynaudio Contour 1.3s and usher 718s and sounded good with both. Only negative I recall was the amount of heat it gave off which ment in summer you had to open the windows when listening late at night. I also recall that even the MK1 came out as the best sounding amp in a group test conducted by HiFi Choice magazine where it was compared to some very exotic and expensive competition. 

Edited by wHIZZY
Error

11 hours ago, seankrell said:

Can you tell how old is the Graaf.

Regards John.

Hi John,

Can't say with any certainty. There aren't any shipping labels on the box to give me a clue.

It was reviewed by Whathifi in 2008 & that was still the Mk1 version. So I'd say the MkII version would have to be somewhere after 2008 & more likely after 2010 as Whathifi aren't very likely to review an old/outgoing model.

Sorry I can't be more specific than that.

Matt is a very honest guy  so buy with confidence and this is the best valve amp that i have heard....superb.

2 hours ago, scottyhammer said:

Matt is a very honest guy  so buy with confidence and this is the best valve amp that i have heard....superb.

Well that doesn’t help my irrational ‘must have’ itch get any better. Please tell me that you have actually only ever heard one valve amp...

• Haha 1

Go on you owe it to your Vida. :D

Note the option of balanced connection - quite rare for a valve amp.

Super Wammer

I've bought from the seller before and he's a top chap to deal with.

I'm very tempted by this wonderful, solid amp myself having heard and loved the original version.

Graaf are a tiny company, even by Italian artisan-maker standards, but their commitment to ultimate sound quality and to their customers is total. There is apparently even a Norwegian fan club specifically for their GM20 amps (those having four of the frightening tripple-nippled Mig 25 radar 6C33C valves - I call them 'Scaramanga' valves) - if that's not brand loyalty, I don't know what is.

In case that alarms anyone, this amp is a well-behaved baby - albeit one that isn't just cruising around the furniture - it OWNS the room!

GLWTS and best regards Matt.