The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Posted (edited)

Can't do a link but if you check pfm classifieds a dealer is selling a new pair of atc scm 40 at 2.5k which is probably the months best bargain . I know lots like atc on here  (private classifieds)

Edited by hifinutt

Super Wammer

Definitely a bargain!

https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/atc-scm-40-mk2.228534/

too good to be true ? Go in person and see them, pay by credit card, etc.

Always good to be careful but he has been a member of pfm for 10 years so fairly safe I would say

Posted (edited)

To me people now seem to be expecting much higher second hand values than they used to. Obviously age and condition are relevant but I used to think (and pay) more in the region of a third to a half of retail. The seller may simply have what to me are more realistic ideas of what second hand speakers should be valued at.

Edited by MartinC

Dealer
28 minutes ago, MartinC said:

To me people now seem to be expecting much higher second hand values than they used to. Obviously age and condition are relevant but I used to think (and pay) more in the region of a third to a half of retail. The seller may simply have what to me are more realistic ideas of what second hand speakers should be valued at.

Except these are not second hand. They are new in an unopened box and being sold by a dealer. They are an exceptional bargain and should soon be snapped up.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

Except these are not second hand. They are new in an unopened box and being sold by a dealer. They are an exceptional bargain and should soon be snapped up.

Ah! Missed that bit :minikev:

Posted (edited)

that is typically the advertised price of a used pair.  Does seem a good deal. Why cant he sell them at pukka price ?  Not white black or grey ???

Where are they >?  Spain ?

Edited by forgot-my-id

do you know i never even thought of that , i think spain is correct 

Am I missing something here? There's a pair in the classifieds here for less and an ex-demo par on t'Internet for not much more, so this doesn't look like somehow 'too cheap'.

Assuming the same model, etc. I don't see any particlar benefit in new speakers compared with lightly used equivalents in unmarked condition. All you're doing is paying more for the pain of having to break them in.

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

Yep, they're in Spain and they are also listed here on the WAM :)  

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/134141-atc-scm40-passive-loudspeakers-latest-£225000/

Edited by orbscure

47 minutes ago, orbscure said:

Yep, they're in Spain and they are also listed here on the WAM :)  

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/134141-atc-scm40-passive-loudspeakers-latest-£225000/

Apart from the fact that one pair are in Spain and are boxed and new,  and the other pair are in Aylesbury and used, they're the same pair.  :/

Alice in Wonderland strikes again.

Super Wammer

That'll teach to venture outside of WAYLTN... and I should head off to Specsavers in the morning too ;)