George 47

Richard Dunn

RIP.

Super Wammer

Very sad to hear this I exchnaged a few PM's here with Richard mainly asking quaestions and he was always helpful and friendly with his advice . Met Ruchard at Kegworth and listened to his system in his room . Gave him some of the Red WineI was carrying arouns on the Saturday night and listened to few songs and chatted. No really to my taste as a system but the company was good and I can see the attraction for many . Feel I was lucky to have met him .

Sincere condolences and best wishes to Nadia and all his family I know he had been ill for a long time but I am sure this still came as a shock.

• Like 1

Richard Dunn and I fell out in the early days of the Wam, and ever since then Dunn went out of his way to make my life miserable at every turn. For a short while he succeeded, until I realised he was getting what he wanted by making me cross or upset.

A man I wished I’d never heard of and never crossed paths with.

For all that, I never wished him any harm and I know he would never have wished real harm on me. I felt strangely saddened when I saw this. No one deserves a tough fight against that awful illness, and I’m sure his friends and family will miss him very much.

Rest in peace you cantankerous old git. :v: Peace

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

The Tresham was a fantastic amp - and still is; sorry to hear this news

Super Wammer

I didn’t really know who he was until coming to the Wam forum about a year ago. But I’d heard of NVA. 

The proof, if any were needed, was his room with the monoblocks at Kegworth this year. One of the best I heard, and Eric Clapton Unplugged has been on my playlist ever since.  Thanks for that, Richard.  RIP. 

Super Wammer

Very sad.

I spent a lot of time in his room in Kegworth chatting about this and that.

He told me he was not well.

I never met Richard, but losing such a knowledgable man is big loss to the audio community, but leaves a far greater gap with Nadia and his family. RIP

I didn’t really know who he was until coming to the Wam forum about a year ago. But I’d heard of NVA. 
The proof, if any were needed, was his room with the monoblocks at Kegworth this year. One of the best I heard, and Eric Clapton Unplugged has been on my playlist ever since.  Thanks for that, Richard.  RIP. 
That was the album I heard him playing. Sounded incredible.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Richard was a character and a great designer. 

He had his views which he pushed hard (don't we all) and I had a real soft spot for him with his lack of tact and diplomacy in print,  (a trait I share all too often) as to face to face he was a very congenial character (moreso than me perhaps). 

The world is a richer place for having characters and he will be sadly missed by us all.  I do have this vision though of St Peter at the Gates of Heaven saying "we are letting you in so please calm down dear" 

RIP Richard and my condolences to his family and friends it is a very sad loss.

Edited by uzzy
grammar

I have been saddened by this news. These days I have settled on NVA amplification and speakers and  I love them, the best I've owned. I met Richard once at a show and he was an engaging character who clearly knew his stuff. Lots of people can talk the talk, especially on hi-fi forums,  but in Richard's case he could back it up with his products.

• Upvote 1

I am very saddened. He was a great designer. All of my kit is NVA except the sources. My feelings go out to his family. R.I.P.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I briefly tried the NVA AP70 integrated many years ago. Despite the simplicity and no-frills approach to the design of the amp, it sounded quite special when matched with some Harbeth speakers, surpassing the sonic quality of costlier pre/power amplification I had at that time.

rip

Edited by ryder

Thanks for all the messages of condolence we will now let the thread rest.

RIP Richard Dunn .

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2