George 47

Richard Dunn

The following link has announced that Richard Dunn has died after a short illness.https://www.hifisubjectivist.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=50023 

It reads:

Nadia has asked me to tell you all that Richard has died after a short illness.

His funeral service took place yesterday at Eltham Crematorium. Nadia's wishes were that this should be kept private.

He leaves a legacy which will no doubt be described in response to this news. For me, it is a legacy of music, ideas and a community which is, to some extent, embodied in this forum but those who knew him in person will know there was much more.

Richard's passing, it does without saying, was not expected. However, NVA and this forum will continue. Richard had passed on a good deal of his construction knowledge to others who have been, for some time now, working with Richard to manufacture 
product. All existing orders are being fulfilled. A group of us are forming to work out future arrangements.

Sad news.

• Upvote 1

Admin

The best wishes of The Wam go to Nadia and family at this difficult time. Any character assessments or unsavoury comments will not be tolerated on this forum and deleted immediately.

Rest In Peace - Rachel and Peter

• Like 7
  • Upvote 6

Well said Peter. My sincerest condolences go to his friends and family.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

My deepest condolences to Nadia, their family and close freinds... RIP Doc

• Like 1

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

Yep, sad news indeed. 

Whilst he was certainly a marmite character within the industry/forums I found him to be a good egg in the real world. I enjoyed his company when he attended one of my BOs last year, and chatting to him at this year's Kegworth and the various phone conversations we had. 

RIP Richard. 

Edited by Lurch
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
4 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Yep, sad news indeed. 

Whilst he was certainly a marmite character within the industry/forums I found  to be a good egg in the real world. I enjoyed his company when he attended one of my BOs last year, and chatting to him at this year's Kegworth and the various phone conversations we had. 

RIP Richard. 

Sad indeed and I had a good chat with him at John's bake off last year. My sympathies to all his family and friends.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sad news. I heard his system at Kegworth and it was honestly the best thing I heard all day. I told him so and he seemed genuinely chuffed.

RIP.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A very sad loss indeed.

RIP

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Very sad, condolences to his family & friends. I know how it feels to lose a loved one, my own father passed away on Monday.

I also met Richard at Johns bake off & spoke to him at a couple of shows, & he spoke with authority about subjects he clearly knew a lot about. He was also a character, & will be missed by many within this hobby of ours.

• Like 2

Yes, deepest sympathy and despite many encounters good and bad sometimes on here, it was a complete shock to hear 😢

having a very close call myself last year, it just shows life is too short.. My sincere and heartfelt wishes to Richards family ❤️

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Richard and I had the odd run-in, online persona to online persona. At Harrogate I went for an incognito listen in his room; when I got up to leave after 15 mins I asked Richard whether he was Richard, unzipped my hoodie to reveal my TheFlash logo, gave him a big smile and a firm handshake and said "not bad". He laughed heartily. Not a bad memory to hang onto.

RIP.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Really sorry to hear this sad news. Richard was a character who knew his stuff. He will be sorely missed by those who appreciated his work.

Like several others, I met Richard at John's bake-off and spent some considerable time out in the sunshine in the back garden chatting to him. He was knowledgeable, affable, and really not at all like the person some people made him out to be. I was very disappointed when he couldn't make to John's last bake-off.

My condolences to his family. His legacy will live on in NVA.