plasticpenguin

Pro-ject Classic withdrawn?

Looks like they've withdrawn the Classic. SSAV and Richer Sounds don't seem to stock them anymore.

I did read online review of a Stateside hi-fi show that Pro-ject were preening a new Classic, but no one seems to know what's happened to the Classic in the UK

It has been replaced by the updated Classic Evo, but this doesn’t look to be on Henley Audio’s website yet.

Okay, cheers. No doubt there'll be a price hike for the new model.

Super Wammer

Seems it has an aluminium sub platter.  There is a picture here, about five images down from the start. https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2019/04/20/north-american-preview-of-pro-jects-four-new-turntables-axpona-2019/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chebby said:

I thought you already had one.

I do. That doesn't stop me taking an interest in any new versions coming up, does it? When there was talk about a replacement for the Pulse (Quasar), I posted a lot about that one, likewise when MA first brought out the RX6, again, I posted quite a bit about them too.

Spoken to Henley Audio and the new Evo is coming out in about a month or so, with a price tag of around £1200 for the MM version.

Super Wammer
37 minutes ago, plasticpenguin said:

Spoken to Henley Audio and the new Evo is coming out in about a month or so, with a price tag of around £1200 for the MM version.

That’s quite a hike from the original which was around £800 I think. But it’s definitely one of their most desirable models!

Just now, Nopiano said:

That’s quite a hike from the original which was around £800 I think. But it’s definitely one of their most desirable models!

Most companies hike the price of new models, but the person at Henley said it was going to have an upgraded cartridge from the Ortofon Silver on my one. She couldn't say what cartridge though. That info wasn't to hand.

Yes, I love the Classics retro looks.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, plasticpenguin said:

I do. That doesn't stop me taking an interest in any new versions coming up, does it? When there was talk about a replacement for the Pulse (Quasar), I posted a lot about that one, likewise when MA first brought out the RX6, again, I posted quite a bit about them too.

Your initial concern seemed to be that the original model was no longer being sold.

That was what I found confusing (given that you already have one). Your interest in the revised new model wasn’t clear at first.

I doubt that there’ll be much difference (except for the Sumiko cartridge maybe).

Edited by chebby

1 hour ago, chebby said:

Your initial concern seemed to be that the original model was no longer being sold.

That was what I found confusing (given that you already have one). Your interest in the revised new model wasn’t clear at first.

I doubt that there’ll be much difference (except for the Sumiko cartridge maybe).

Had no concerns. Puzzled why RS and SSAV had erased the Classic from their websites, when Henley Audio hadn't.

Read about the US hi-fi show had a *NEW* Classic Evo, but didn't pay much attention as it could've been for the US/Canadian market.

Now we know the truth. The end.

9 hours ago, Dave Brown said:

I'm not surprised about the company streamlining their range. They seem to have a flavour for everyone.

Thanks for the links.