mr neds

Can I use an audio lead for digital signals?

This is a most robustly perverted thread. Is the old and sorely missed Wam returned perchance?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, rabski said:

On the downside, it can increase the width and depth, so your undercrackers will keep falling down.

Is that what the noise was. Just looked and you are right my undercrackers are  totally knackered. Does anyone know where I can get them re-hung?

Edited by wHIZZY

17 minutes ago, wHIZZY said:

Is that what the noise was. Just looked and you are right my undercrackers are  totally knackered. Does anyone know where I can get them re-hung?

You could try tying them up with CAT8 cable - the perfect way to make sure you don't drop yer bits...

• Haha 1

Ah, but the resistance is critical, especially in that it is essential to use 75 ohm connectors. The problem is that the 1s and 0s obviously react differently, as 1's are or course affected to a greater extent. It's simple maths really. You can end up with all sorts of problems, which will not only adversely effect the audio output, but also feed back into the mains, influencing the spin speed of your washing machine.

Alternatively, at any normal length and with ordinary circuitry at either end, it won't make the slightest difference.

I find that sometimes the 0’s get stuck in the cable. The advantage of using an audio cable is that they can return to start via the second conductor, and not cause a pile up like they do in single conductor digital cables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, mr neds said:

I was sitting on my sofa with a can of worms, so I thought I’d open them and see what happened................

Yes.

11 hours ago, Tony_J said:

You could try tying them up with CAT8 cable - the perfect way to make sure you don't drop yer bits...

Brilliant, worked a treat. All my bits are now firmly in place with absolutely no sign of Jitter even when I move my delicate equipment.. Now, if I could only sort out those under-stains. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, wHIZZY said:

Now, if I could only sort out those under-stains. 

Easy - just don't vote for them...:rofl: