gheckomist

Will this work?

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

As far as a streaming solution goes, look no further than the Bluesound Node2, it will do everything you want and has an easy intuitive interface via it's App. 

As for an amp for ESLs then how about a Rogers A100. I have heard the 989s run on one of these and it is gorgeous, keeps the space, air & imaging but puts some meat on the bones giving weight to the sound. The Owner of the 989s (wizmax) also runs them via 18w Ming Da 845 single ended monos. 

Where abouts in the country are you?? If it's anywhere near the Southcoast I'm sure an audition could be arranged. 

Edited by Lurch

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the Wam. 😊 I love big Tannoys (old and new) so just wanted to confirm you meant the new legacy Arden, not the original Arden with HPD drivers?

interestingly your original system of Lancasters and Quad 303, was excellent and still is. The 33 pre is not in the same league, but if you fancied a trip down.memory lane a set of 15" monitor golds in Lancaster cabs, driven by a breathed on/refurbed 303 is still audiophile heaven I you like the Tannoy sound. A better (possibly buffer or TVC passive) preamp will make it fighting fit for the 21st century and you will have a system that will.only go.up in value !

A dedicated phono stage and a few tweaks and cart if needed and you wont be able to stop spinning the black stuff. Old Tannoys also work very well with digital sources, adding richness and scale absent in often drier digital material.

Just take your time and listen to plenty of speakers, then choose an amp to.match the speakers.

look forward to hearing of your journey 😊

Edited by graham67

Forgot to say that I currently live 3 miles from Bromyard but will be moving to Worcester later this year. I suspect that there will be good dealers in Birmingham. I have thought long and hard about vintage equipment but for me, this would bring a host of potential problems that I want to avoid. On another point, wino2020 mentions record cleaning. I have never seriously cleaned my vinyl and for some time have been looking at options. Superglue on the album does not appeal to me! I have been following the development of the Degritter (https://degritter.com/) and wondered whether anyone has any views on this. Apologies if this is slightly off topic but is part of the emerging master plan!

16 minutes ago, gheckomist said:

Forgot to say that I currently live 3 miles from Bromyard but will be moving to Worcester later this year. I suspect that there will be good dealers in Birmingham. I have thought long and hard about vintage equipment but for me, this would bring a host of potential problems that I want to avoid. On another point, wino2020 mentions record cleaning. I have never seriously cleaned my vinyl and for some time have been looking at options. Superglue on the album does not appeal to me! I have been following the development of the Degritter (https://degritter.com/) and wondered whether anyone has any views on this. Apologies if this is slightly off topic but is part of the emerging master plan!

I know Bromyard very well from the 90’s.. does it still shut down every afternoon? 🤔

24 minutes ago, gheckomist said:

Looks like it should make great toast.

Hello Radiant Red. You are living in the past I am afraid. Bromyard now opens just one day a week on a random basis!

5 minutes ago, gheckomist said:

Hello Radiant Red. You are living in the past I am afraid. Bromyard now opens just one day a week on a random basis!

Lol! I recall the factory that use to make plastic parts for Rover and rumour has it that each child was from a different father! 

Sorry, back on topic.. 😂

Try to find a decent dealer who would bring equipment to you... nothing worse than going pillar to post. I know Midland Audio exchange goes out and about

http://www.midlandaudiox-change.co.uk/

• Upvote 1

Also Peter from Cymbiosis nr Leicester would come out and fettle your LP12

Super Wammer

And David, at The Little Audio Company based in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter, does home visits. 

https://www.thelittleaudiocompany.co.uk/