Turk 182

isotek isoplug

On 27/05/2019 at 12:34, Turk 182 said:

here is a short video featuring the isotek isoplug.

(i believe many other companies sell similar products)

it basically shows that it does reduce some mains noise - but do these products improve a systems performance ?

No, they make no difference.

36 minutes ago, Muckplaster said:

No, they make no difference.

hi

so what exactly is this bloke demonstrating then ?

he plugs the iso thing in, the numbers on the other box go to zero, so something is being reduced but what ?

10 hours ago, Turk 182 said:

hi

he plugs the iso thing in, the numbers on the other box go to zero, so something is being reduced but what ?

Hi again Turk...that blokes video demonstrates that the isoplug actually works in suppressing electrical noise. But one has to try for himself on his own kit to see if that is something their components are unable to do on their own. In my system my power amps could do it, but my preamp, streamer and dac couldn't.  So I use the isotek only on these. 

So the results are not firmly engraved in stone.  And nay sayers who have tried it  in their systems,, and saying no,  are being just as honest as me, saying yes it works :D

hi
If you want to see if it works in your system you can borrow mine for a couple of weeks if you want. If it makes a difference get one or buy mine, if it doesn't send it back.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Super Wammer

What’s even more interesting is a noise sniffer.  I have one, but seem to have tidied it away somewhere.  I think it’s a Belkin product, now discontinued.  

Useful for knowing what devices inject or remove grunge from the mains.  My previous amplifier seemed to inject quite a bit of noise, but a Sony TV, from about 2009, was great at removing most of it, just by plugging it in somewhere in the same room.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JD68 said:

If you want to see if it works in your system you can borrow mine for a couple of weeks if you want. If it makes a difference get one or buy mine, if it doesn't send it back.

hi jd68

thanks for the kind offer fully appreciated.

however currently i am in the process of gathering funds to buy a new system hence the various questions i'm posting.

(i posted a potential system question in the yamaha owners club section but have now started looking into actives such as the avi dm12's)

once again thanks for the kind offer.

13 minutes ago, Turk 182 said:

hi jd68

however currently i am in the process of gathering funds to buy a new system hence the various questions i'm posting.

(i posted a potential system question in the yamaha owners club section but have now started looking into actives such as the avi dm12's)

I wouldnt be worrying about cables or plugs at the moment, as you dont even have anything to use them with :)  Concentrate on the important stuff, and then play around with the minor stuff like power cables once you are all set.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
On 27/05/2019 at 16:41, hifinutt said:

they are system dependant , i love the isotek syncro which can make a big difference . had a sigmas for a good many years . hope to try their little syncro uni one day 

https://www.isoteksystems.com/product/performance/evo3-syncro-uni/

As you can see from my sig I use the Isotek Titan and Nova , the Titan just for the monoblocks and the Nova for everything else, I have had them many years now and I would not be without them they work wonders together.

I wanted to try some DC blocking as that is not incorporated into the Titan or Nova but did not want to pay the price of the syncro so I bought two of these ATL HiFi DC blockers for 79 Euro's each !

I started with just the one powering just the Monoblocks and was so impressed I bought another for all the source equipment , they filter the out the DC before the power reaches the Titan and Nova.

https://www.atlhifi.com/shop/fully-assembled-devices/dc-blocker-trap-filter-assembled-in-case/

I also bought some shielded mains cable kits that looks almost identical to the Isotek cable from MCRU

https://mcru.co.uk/product/mcru-diy-mains-lead-set-2/?v=79cba1185463#reviews

I have had them in my system for quite a few months now and the improvement is easy to hear, I was only really expecting a reduction in a small amount of hum that was coming from the huge transformers in my monoblocks but the improvement in overall sound quality was a real shock.

I highly recommend you try one,  or two you might save yourself a fortune :).

Edited by Electro
  • Like 2

thanks electro , will bear that in mind . I have never forgotten the serious leap in improvement when i put the isotek syncro on my lovely puresound L10 . its a shame that isotek stuff has gone up so much . 

hi jd68
Ok no worries. Let me know if you do want to borrow it in the future.

I also use an Isotek cond. the Aquarius Evo3 and it’s one of best upgrade I’ve done to my system. Significantly reduced noise floor and “hiss” is non existent from my speakers. 

• Like 1

On 30/05/2019 at 14:29, Iceman 16 said:

I also use an Isotek cond. the Aquarius Evo3 and it’s one of best upgrade I’ve done to my system. Significantly reduced noise floor and “hiss” is non existent from my speakers. 

Fantasy.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Muckplaster said:

Fantasy.

yes its you TrevC !

Edited by Turk 182
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Muckplaster said:

Fantasy.

15 minutes ago, Turk 182 said:

yes its you TrevC !

He should change his name and avatar to Mouthplaster