Turk 182

isotek isoplug

here is a short video featuring the isotek isoplug.

(i believe many other companies sell similar products)

it basically shows that it does reduce some mains noise - but do these products improve a systems performance ?

50 minutes ago, Turk 182 said:

here is a short video featuring the isotek isoplug.

(i believe many other companies sell similar products)

it basically shows that it does reduce some mains noise - but do these products improve a systems performance ?

Hi Turk. I guess the answer is dependent on the quality of power you have. I live in a huge apartment block. So my guess is that my power was noisy. 

So I tried a isotek evo3 Polaris and found that it improved the back ground noise levels in my system. Then my friends tried my isotek in their respective systems, and everybody has found gains in back ground noise and clarity. 

But Iam only using power conditioning on my source components like streamer, dac and preamp which don't have large inbuilt capacitors to filter the power on their own. My power amps are running straight out of the wall plugs, as I couldn't find any sonic gains with power conditioning on my power amps. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, newlash09 said:

Hi Turk. I guess the answer is dependent on the quality of power you have. I live in a huge apartment block. So my guess is that my power was noisy. 

So I tried a isotek evo3 Polaris and found that it improved the back ground noise levels in my system. Then my friends tried my isotek in their respective systems, and everybody has found gains in back ground noise and clarity. 

But Iam only using power conditioning on my source components like streamer, dac and preamp which don't have large inbuilt capacitors to filter the power on their own. My power amps are running straight out of the wall plugs, as I couldn't find any sonic gains with power conditioning on my power amps. 

hi newlash09 and thanks for the reply.

it seems these devices would be system / situation dependant then.

15 minutes ago, Turk 182 said:

hi newlash09 and thanks for the reply.

it seems these devices would be system / situation dependant then.

Hi Turk...you are most welcome. And you are right in that they are system and situation dependent. Maybe better to see if you have any friends using one, and then try one at home to see if it makes a difference  

they are system dependant , i love the isotek syncro which can make a big difference . had a sigmas for a good many years . hope to try their little syncro uni one day 

https://www.isoteksystems.com/product/performance/evo3-syncro-uni/

• Like 1

I've got an Isotek Neoplug which is pretty much the same thing.

It made no difference at all in my system, but then I don't have any trouble with a noisy mains in the first place.

Do you have a particular problem with a noisy mains supply?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, JD68 said:

I've got an Isotek Neoplug which is pretty much the same thing.

It made no difference at all in my system, but then I don't have any trouble with a noisy mains in the first place.

Do you have a particular problem with a noisy mains supply?

hi

not sure if i have noisy mains - just wondering if these things actually worked as the video seemed pretty convincing !

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

12 minutes ago, Turk 182 said:

hi

not sure if i have noisy mains - just wondering if these things actually worked as the video seemed pretty convincing !

Hi again Turk...I haven't tried that particular plug,  but Iam inclined to think isotek products work. I also have a PS audio ps1200 pure power regenerator.  Which basically breaks down the incoming AC into DC, and reconverts that to AC to give the purest power possible. In fact it is still considered much superior to the latest PS audio P5 and P10 power plants. Only problem is that it is super huge and weighs 75kgs, and is not power effecient and generates a lot of heat. 

And when I changed my source's power feed from the PS1200 to the isotek, I couldn't hear any discernable difference. So Iam all for endorsing isotek products. They deliver what is advertised on the box. But it depends on the power supply in your place , if it needs any further purification or not. All the best 

46 minutes ago, JD68 said:

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

hi

i'm based in the midlands - no factories or industry close by so i'm guessing quiet mains ?

1 hour ago, Turk 182 said:

hi

thats an interesting bit of kit - bet its costly !

About 595 so not bad for isotek

Class bit of kit I am sure - but unless there is something audibly wrong to my ears with my system then I wouldn't bother trying one (but that is me) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, uzzy said:

Class bit of kit I am sure - but unless there is something audibly wrong to my ears with my system then I wouldn't bother trying one (but that is me) 

What if it makes your system sound even better. :P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nativebon said:

What if it makes your system sound even better. :P

How would I know unless I tried it - but that is not the point .. I love the way my system sounds and that is after coming back from friends and enthusiasts that have paid far far more (well on everything but the loudspeakers - mine were a mortgage at the time).  That is my acid test (besides if something is sounding off where it didn't before) namely, to come back from listening to others and shows and putting mine on and still getting a big fat smile across my face.

In the words of the proverbial - if it ain't broken don't fix it.  You can chase your arse for years trying to improve something - it becomes like a drug and you forget the reason you have the stuff in the first place - namely to enjoy the music.

• Like 2