Ian

Brimar current production valves/Great British Valve Project

Posted (edited)

Forgive me if this has been posted previously, but it's news to me. Very interesting indeed. Prices seem very reasonable too.

https://brimaruk.com/valves/brimar-tube-range/

Edited by Ian

It’s interesting. They don’t seem to be manufacturing valves themselves or at least not yet. 

They seem to have old Mullard kit.  I would say good luck to them, there should be a niche for someone to create high quality valves in Europe and I think people would be willing to pay a premium.

https://brimaruk.com/menugbvp/great-british-valve-project-2/

Found this comment elsewhere

"" Last time I looked at their site they were still re-branding selected imports and hoping to eventually raise enough cash to restart UK production.""

Brimar had a stall at the recent National  Vintage Communications fair along with their liveried Morris Minor van, and very smart it all looked too.  I wish  I had paid more attention to what they had to offer.

Posted (edited)

I truly hope they succeed in their aspirations. For now, given the very reasonable prices combined with the thorough testing process (and printed branding appeal) they've got to be worth a punt.

A Brimar liveried Morris Minor though - that must be a beautiful thing to see.

Edited by Ian

Posted (edited)

:bulb: Brilliant thanks for posting.:love:

Edited by Tarzan

3 hours ago, Ian said:

I think I'm in love !!

2d285yd.jpg

Yeah, that's the one.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Mr.Ian said:

Buying the uk rights to a historically well known brand name and rebadging seems to me to be too widespread these days.  Actually this approach has been rife in the audio valve industry for many years but years ago one could, i think, have more faith in the quality of the brand name sold under 

In that regard, it's no different to any other valves. Apart from NOS, there are actually very few factories worldwide and most are just rebarnded.

The difference with Brimar is that they are at least trying to setup again to achieve (limited) production. I wish them luck, but as others have found to their cost, it's not just about the machinery. There have been some other valiant efforts to launch new production, but virtually all have suffered notable problems with reliability, at least initially.

Edited by rabski

On 26/05/2019 at 09:36, Ian said:

Forgive me if this has been posted previously, but it's news to me. Very interesting indeed. Prices seem very reasonable too.

https://brimaruk.com/valves/brimar-tube-range/

Hi Iain,

Posted this about a week ago. this is the latest from Brimar (via Watford valves.)

locheeboy

Re Brimar...

ATM they are all, re-branded valves. sourced from Sovtek, Shuguang, JJ.  There are no NOS left.

EL34s are Electro Harmonix

EL84s are Sovtek

SU4gb are Svetlana .

(From my friend Derek at Watford valves)

Hope, soon that we will see British produced valves...:stereo:

Edited May 27 by locheeboy