Turk 182

the wisdom of russ andrews.

2 hours ago, terrycym said:

How can a cable "reduce distortion"?

Think about for a moment.

Perhaps it may not contribute to an increase in distortion but to actually reduce distortion?

Twisted pair is hardly anything new, so long as the individual conductors cross at right-angles, you reduce pick-up from one conductor to the other.

i suppose by not being a cable that adds to / increases distortion like the often supplied kettle type ones do in the first place.

(according to russ and all other cable companies anyway !).

I remember the Russ Andrews upgraded SKY HD Box, he was charging around £600 for what was pure snake OIL.

5 minutes ago, Turk 182 said:

i suppose by not being a cable that adds to / increases distortion like the often supplied kettle type ones do in the first place.

(according to russ and all other cable companies anyway !).

"Not adding to" is not the same as "Reduces". And ultimately, a cable cannot help but to add to distortion, even if it is only by a miniscule amount.

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sgt Pepper said:

I remember the Russ Andrews upgraded SKY HD Box, he was charging around £600 for what was pure snake OIL.

https://www.nbspeakercables.com.au/products/snake-oil

now now their is only one supplier of snake oil and very good it is too,

must be otherwise Russ would be stocking it. 

Edited by Southeast
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Southeast said:

must be otherwise Russ would be stocking it. 

I love companies like that. They have no design ability or manufacturing prospects, basically because they couldnt suceed at their dreams so  they class others that did and do take designs from an idea to full production as 'snake oil'. They make me laugh more than some of Russ Andrews prices. Theres a grumpy old amplifier repair man on PFM that does the same. 

Edited by The Chronicals

Super Wammer

i just find that company funny selling snake oil.

as for russ, the prices can be high but there are people out their who enjoy what his offerings does to their systems

and he provides jobs for people.

i have come many things in this hobby that i find ott but each to their own.

i had a friend who could not hear the difference in amps and speakers, they all sounded the same to him, saying that he did have a hearing issue.

my most used system tweek is ear drops 

6 hours ago, Sgt Pepper said:

must be otherwise Russ be stocking it. 

i do rather dispair of some of the prices sometimes e.g earth rods at 21.50 when screwfix do same for a fraction of the price 

and contact cleaner deoxit at about 32 quid when hotrox have similar for 20 quid 

however i do absolutely love my Kimber select interconnects which are beautifully made and always impress sonically 

A 'white paper' should be:

A white paper is an authoritative report or guide that informs readers concisely about a complex issue and presents the issuing body's philosophy on the matter. It is meant to help readers understand an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision.  (from Wiki)

Has anyone found the referenced R.A. white papers?

10 hours ago, Steveh said:

I had some RFI once, but my ears rejected it. More specifically, my left ear cancelled out what was going into my right ear, and vice versa.....

Your ears must be XLR wired rather than single ended