Turk 182

the wisdom of russ andrews.

Recommended Posts

Twisted pair of single core, RS 56 x 0.3mm strand. (Four twists per metre). Did the same thing for pennies 40 years ago.

This is the nearest modern equivalent I think ...

Clicky

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I admit I haven’t read the white papers mentioned but the amount of twaddle being spoken in that video is certainly noteworthy.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chebby said:

Twisted pair of single core, RS 56 x 0.3mm strand. (Four twists per metre). Did the same thing for pennies 40 years ago.

This is the nearest modern equivalent I think ...

Clicky

Adding sense to those with money and incense for nostrils is a very valid reason to run a company. Also I get lovely letters every few months and they are a good team. Could be worse!

Anyway you are right but the folks in Ealing Radio City are rude gits so I rather just let them stare at the wall from less than 2 yards all day hehehehehe

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

I was reading dear old Russ mag recently telling all about his love for yoga and made things sound better.  Make of that what you will

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hifinutt said:

I was reading dear old Russ mag recently telling all about his love for yoga and made things sound better.  Make of that what you will

Well....Yoga raises Gaba levels in your brain and body. If you've ever listened to music after popping a benzo like xanax or valium (which also raises Gaba) it sounds better than before you popped one.

I imagine this is why people who drink think music sounds better after a few drinks..alcohol mimics the effects of Gaba by binding to Gaba receptors in the brain.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally suspect it has nothing to do with RFI. I wouldn't be surprised if one could find a cable with similar RFI rejection that sounded "different". Not that RFI rejection is a bad thing of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, chebby said:

Twisted pair of single core, RS 56 x 0.3mm strand. (Four twists per metre). Did the same thing for pennies 40 years ago.

This is the nearest modern equivalent I think ...

Clicky

40 years ago ?!

should of started a cable company like ray kimber...

hes rolling in it !

(kimber select ks-6068 - 25k a set !)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Beobloke said:

Well, I admit I haven’t read the white papers mentioned but the amount of twaddle being spoken in that video is certainly noteworthy.

the white papers an interesting read...if you can find it !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recall seeing my first Russ advert in HiFi World many moons ago. It was for a cable with an attractive braiding around it. I laughed out loud and felt no curiosity to try or belief it would offer anything.

A few years later I bought an LP12 belt off Russ because Linn were having a laugh at my expense. He has his uses to a discerning purchaser. I was amazed how many believe in him when I joined the internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Croma said:

I recall seeing my first Russ advert in HiFi World many moons ago. It was for a cable with an attractive braiding around it. I laughed out loud and felt no curiosity to try or belief it would offer anything.

A few years later I bought an LP12 belt off Russ because Linn were having a laugh at my expense. He has his uses to a discerning purchaser. I was amazed how many believe in him when I joined the internet.

russ has certainly been in business a long time !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Turk 182 said:

russ has certainly been in show business a long time !

Ftfy

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
11 hours ago, The Chronicals said:

Well....Yoga raises Gaba levels in your brain and body. If you've ever listened to music after popping a benzo like xanax or valium (which also raises Gaba) it sounds better than before you popped one.

I imagine this is why people who drink think music sounds better after a few drinks..alcohol mimics the effects of Gaba by binding to Gaba receptors in the brain.

Ah - so that's what they mean by the gift of the gaba... 

I'll get my coat :run:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here is another video this time russ explains the benefits of his "superkord" product - a mains cable and mains filter combined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator

Lest anyone forget, a 'white paper' is a guide or report. It is not in the same universe as peer-reviewed papers published in scientific journals.

Of course, a white paper may contain many facts. It may also contain pure speculation.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.