Turk 182

cd transport or dac ?

36 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Just copy the link address and paste it into a post.

(I've not read it yet)

thanks but i'm a bricky by trade - even this is beyond me !

Posted (edited)

There is a difference in my experience but there are much bigger gains to be had with a DAC upgrade. I reckon you should spend at least 3 times as much on the DAC.

And if CD is your only source, much better sound per pound can often be had just sticking with a CD player as the two have been designed to work together and with a shorter signal path.

Edited by Warszawa
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Turk 182 said:

thanks but i'm a bricky by trade - even this is beyond me !

1. Find the wepage you want
  2. Right Click on the address in the address bar and select Copy
  3. Now go to the post you want to put the address into, Right Click and select Paste

Started to read the Sound on Sound article, made it as far as the word “marmalade” before realising we’ve been here before;

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Blackmetalboon said:

Started to read the Sound on Sound article, made it as far as the word “marmalade” before realising we’ve been here before;

apologies - i guessed it may of been a previous topic.

i was just wondering what people made of the sound on sound article as its a pro audio view.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MartinC said:
  1. Find the wepage you want
  2. Right Click on the address in the address bar and select Copy
  3. Now go to the post you want to put the address into, Right Click and select Paste

thanks for this !

any opinions on the sound on sound article ?

7 minutes ago, Turk 182 said:

apologies - i guessed it may of been a previous topic.

i was just wondering what people made of the sound on sound article as its a pro audio view.

Since reading it I don’t let Paddington handle my CD’s.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Turk 182 said:

thanks for this !

any opinions on the sound on sound article ?

[firefox fails... ]
we kind of make that content anyway by the way. Thanks for the info though - been a while since I have seen that web site.

Edited by Millennium

13 hours ago, Turk 182 said:

hi

can you remember the makes / models ?

Project RS Box, CEC, and an Audio Note, sorry cannot remember models.  We went for the Project simply because at the time it was to be used as a second source in the main system. A Project LPS came up for sale on one of the forums and this was a significant improvement. The Project is now used in a second system, or at least it would be if it would read the disks. :( Looks like it will have to go back for repair.

I’ve heard small transport differences and think that the system has to be quite upscale for this to matter.  

I’m on-side with the idea that properly designed/built Hi-Fi should sound identical but also think the majority of Hi-Fi is not properly designed or built to varying degrees. 

58 minutes ago, HectorHughMunro said:

I’ve heard small transport differences and think that the system has to be quite upscale for this to matter.  

I’m on-side with the idea that properly designed/built Hi-Fi should sound identical but also think the majority of Hi-Fi is not properly designed or built to varying degrees. 

+1

On 24/05/2019 at 06:59, antonio66 said:

Project RS Box, CEC, and an Audio Note, sorry cannot remember models.  We went for the Project simply because at the time it was to be used as a second source in the main system. A Project LPS came up for sale on one of the forums and this was a significant improvement. The Project is now used in a second system, or at least it would be if it would read the disks. :( Looks like it will have to go back for repair.

hi and thanks for the reply.

i see cec use belt driven technology in their transport designs.

not sure what the advantage of this design feature is (?)

32 minutes ago, Turk 182 said:

hi and thanks for the reply.

i see cec use belt driven technology in their transport designs.

not sure what the advantage of this design feature is (?)

According to their website it “eliminates the affects of vibration and electromagnetic noise caused by the motor rotation”.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ian917 said:

According to their website it “eliminates the affects of vibration and electromagnetic noise caused by the motor rotation”.

i see - it must be patented as i guess all other transports would use this method as well then ?

Edited by Turk 182
  • Confused 1