The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

plasticpenguin

This proves I'm not an audiophile.

14 minutes ago, CnoEvil said:

...it's a scale, going from Normal -> Barking.

"Somewhat Normal" is well past half way to "Barking".

As opposed to Dagenham, which is 3 stops beyond Barking xD

• Haha 3

I've heard of 2 of them, never knowingly heard any of them. And I don't care. What does that make me ?

Someone not to be trusted.

• Haha 1

I'll get you for that............  

Me and my mates are going to gang up on you, like we did to the fat ginger specky kid when no-one was looking

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 22/05/2019 at 20:30, plasticpenguin said:

The only time I'll visit Munich is Oktoberfest. That's very unlikely given the accommodation prices.

Overpriced and over touristy, went once - hated it, full of mercan kids boffing after tasting their first strong beer.

I go to the Hannover Bierfest (or have done for the last 5 years or so), and - come Friday morning will be doing so again - chunnel booked for an 8.40am departure. Lovely little gathering.

Audia Flight - Yup, we used to service/import their products..... Bloody heavy, and a technical dept that would get back to you - eventually.

Edited by Dave Brown

13 minutes ago, Dave Brown said:

Overpriced and over touristy, went once - hated it, full of mercan kids boffing after tasting their first strong beer.

I go to the Hannover Bierfest (or have done for the last 5 years or so), and - come Friday morning will be doing so again - chunnel booked for an 8.40am departure. Lovely little gathering.

Audia Flight - Yup, we used to service/import their products..... Bloody heavy, and a technical dept that would get back to you - eventually.

It is a pain as the hotels over inflate their prices.

Best to stay at home: Bookhamfest. It's on all year round. :D

On 22/05/2019 at 18:09, plasticpenguin said:

(If it's in the wrong section please feel free to move it). 

Audia Flight; Shahinian; Voyd; John Woods; Newform (sounds like a sanitary towel); Nightingale....

Never heard of these brands.

Discuss.

I hadn't even heard about the brands, let alone that I have heard the actual equipment. So using your definition I'm not an audiophile either.

However, aren't we all in for the music? That would make me an audiophile, and hopefully you too.

Maybe somebody can shed on a light on Nightingale?

Heard of? Heard? I just realised I've owned items from at least three of that lot so I have no idea what that makes me (sad and broke, probably).

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, rabski said:

Heard of? Heard? I just realised I've owned items from at least three of that lot so I have no idea what that makes me (sad and broke, probably).

Owned? Half of it is probably still on (in?) your attick. Sell it and you're filthy rich.

Unfortunately not. All long gone.

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Tin said:

I hadn't even heard about the brands, let alone that I have heard the actual equipment. So using your definition I'm not an audiophile either.

However, aren't we all in for the music? That would make me an audiophile, and hopefully you too.

Maybe somebody can shed on a light on Nightingale?

Nightingale was a speaker brand made in Eastbourne, UK. It was the brainchild of John Jeffries who ran a Hifi shop there.  I recall his inspiration was the Dalhquist DQ10. 

Edited by Nopiano

5 hours ago, Nopiano said:

Nightingale was a speaker brand made in Eastbourne, UK. It was the brainchild of John Jeffries who ran a Hifi shop there.  I recall his inspiration was the Dalhquist DQ10. 

I was trying to be puny; Florence Nightingale used to walk around holding a lamp. 😇

2 hours ago, Tin said:

I was trying to be puny; Florence Nightingale used to walk around holding a lamp. 😇

Definitely puny :rofl:

Super Wammer
5 hours ago, Tin said:

Sorry I missed the connection!