Just now, Rudi64 said:

How many hours before it settles do you thing? After a month still progress?

It's sound now already very good..:D

I dont know :) but at least  20-30 hours :) 

Just now, CaptenBonScott said:

I dont know :) but at least  20-30 hours :) 

Thanks!! 

13 hours ago, Rudi64 said:

Also i got from the Linn dealer a wireworld starlight cat8 ethernetcable to check out...

After a day to get used to the upgrade i hooked up the starlight, soundstage got wider, level of detail increased significantly..this cable stays:D

Are you using it for the Exaktlink or the LAN?

43 minutes ago, timster said:

Are you using it for the Exaktlink or the LAN?

No, i found a simple cat6 cable beter than a Audioquest cinnamon cat7 at least what the exaktlink matters..sounded more right.

Just between switch and DSM...

2 hours ago, Rudi64 said:

No, i found a simple cat6 cable beter than a Audioquest cinnamon cat7 at least what the exaktlink matters..sounded more right.

Just between switch and DSM...

Interesting;y, that confirms Linn's statement re. Exaktlinks should only be 5 or 6.

3 minutes ago, timster said:

Interesting;y, that confirms Linn's statement re. Exaktlinks should only be 5 or 6.

Yes, just try it..after reading here the statement from Linn about the exaktlink Cat6 i swapped the cinnamon for a bulk cat6 just out off curiosity..

To  my ears it sounds more right and natural, my opinion off course...^_^:D

My got my upgraded MExaktBox-1 a couple of weeks ago, and the improvement is substantial. I'd say the best upgrade I've had.

Music is much more open, realistic with gar greater instrument separation, and most importantly enjoyable. 

I had three friends from work round last week and they were blown away with how good it was.

Nothing is cheap with Linn but this was £2k well spent.

For info the rest of my system is 

ADSM/1

212's

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Can an Exaktbox-i power 242's? Would one just bridge the two bass drivers with the fourth channel? Linn doesn't offer a solution to this on their wiki.

27 minutes ago, Jail4CEOs2 said:

Can an Exaktbox-i power 242's? Would one just bridge the two bass drivers with the fourth channel? Linn doesn't offer a solution to this on their wiki.

Nope, you need 10 channels (https://www.linn.co.uk/technology/exakt#compatible-speakers)

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Jail4CEOs2 said:

As timster already said, you need 10 channels to go Exakt with a pair of 242. The two woofers do not cover the same frequency range. So the speaker is really a five* way design. For details on the different frequency bands see:

https://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/405linn/index.html

PS. *) Or maybe it can be considered a 4.5 way design.

Edited by HansBertil
  • Upvote 1

Thanks guys, I read that, but it was only a few db on the top end of the frequency range with bottoms equal when Aktiv (40Hz), so I wasn't sure if it could be straddled.

Would (could) I have to put Aktiv kardz in my MDSM' s two channels to get to ten channels? I don't think there is a way to get an MDSM to limit frequency output from it's amp with it's onboard Exakt thingamajig?

Edited by Jail4CEOs2

6 minutes ago, Jail4CEOs2 said:

Would (could) I have to put Aktiv kardz in my Man's two channels to get to ten channels?

I presume you mean MDSM - and no, the simple fact is there is no exakt firmware for the 242s available for the MEBox-i.

• Upvote 1

Ok, thanks again. 212's are back to my future. There was a twelve hundred euro pair of 242's on quoka, and my mind started to wander.

2 hours ago, Jail4CEOs2 said:

Ok, thanks again. 212's are back to my future. There was a twelve hundred euro pair of 242's on quoka, and my mind started to wander.

I sometimes look at hifishark.com and the offers via quako are always suspiciously low.

For 1200 you have a pair of Majik 140s. A  pair 212 with stands are already around twice as much.