indus

Help in valuing my deck please?

Hi

I know 'value my equipment' type threads are boring but I'd really appreciate some help. I'm looking to sell my Technics 1210 and because there are so many tired dogs out there its difficult for me to value. Mine is immaculate and was bought brand new by a chap in 2010, I believe it was one of the last made and I have the original bill of sale. He just used it to rip all his vinyl and then sold it to me. It was in pristine condition when I bought it (I searched for months for the perfect, unmolested example) and still is now. I've probably used it for about 5 hours maximum.

I carried out a few mods

1) Isonoe feet

2) Achromat

3) Sumiko head shell

4) External PSU. Done by a company who I don't think exist anymore. I think it was ???Richard from Vanguard

5) AT440MLa cartridge

The deck itself is unmarked, 100% pristine. The lid has one small scratch.

Any ideas what it's worth?

Thank you.

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

As with any piece of kit offered for sale sometimes what's its worth and what you get for it can be two quite different things depending on how long you may be prepared to wait etc.  It's a buyers market so in my realistic eyes kit is only really worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.......no matter how much money you have invested in it.

Edited by MF 1000
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MF 1000 said:

As with any piece of kit offered for sale sometimes what's its worth and what you get for it can be two quite different things depending on how long you may be prepared to wait etc.  It's a buyers market so in my realistic eyes kit is only really worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.......no matter how much money you have invested in it.

Thanks.

I get that nobody is going to pay me for the hours I spent sourcing the best example I could find and the rrp of what I have added; but I just need a nudge in the right direction 

My view is to put it back to standard all bar the psu.. hopefully you will have all the original parts and box? Based on my experience with the Tech, I’d say that it could be worth around £500 or so with psu.

sell the other items individually and they could make up around another £150-£200 depending on current market demands.. 

if you tried selling it all as a going concern, don’t think it will make £700 because it won’t and it would be getting close to the new model 

Put it on ebay with a £1 starting bid, what it sells for is its current worth

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, radiant red said:

My view is to put it back to standard all bar the psu.. hopefully you will have all the original parts and box? Based on my experience with the Tech, I’d say that it could be worth around £500 or so with psu.

sell the other items individually and they could make up around another £150-£200 depending on current market demands.. 

I agree sell it seperately.

Is it a Mk2, or one of the others? That may make a difference. The Mk5's do not come up on ebay that often, so can go for a bit more.

I think you could get around £650 Buy it now for a 2010 in pristine condition with original box if you were patient and made the advert really good. The scratch on the lid is negligible I would say, since most sold have pretty scratched lids. I payed £1,250 for a pair of MK2's made in 2006 A1 condition with original boxes, about 18 months ago. They were selling for that and slightly more at the time. The new Mk7's are I think going to be sold for £899 rrp, so I don't know if that's had an impact on price of older models.

For a buyer looking for an A1 in it's original form the PSU might actually detract. However, for a buyer who wanted to do that mod anyway it could be a big plus point.

How much was the PSU cost? If it is a known sought after one for the Technics you could go higher than £650 if you think someone will go for it. All depends how patient you want to be I guess

Thank you.

I don't have the original bits. I'll just have to accept that I'm only going to get a tiny fraction of the price of the mods.

It might at least make it more attractive to somebody who appreciates the mods and would have done them anyway.

Thanks for the advice, I now have an idea of how much to ask for.